Trump: I sometimes carry a gun.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
MarkD

Re: Trump: I sometimes carry a gun.

Post by MarkD »

Greg wrote:
MarkD wrote:My point is that anyone thinking Trump is pro RKBA because he carries a gun for protection should stick to buying bridges.

He's all in favor of HIM being able to protect himself. Doesn't give much of a rats ass if anyone else can, and is plenty willing to make you THINK he does if it'll make you vote for him.

And yeah, we're still talking about him. If he manages to win the big chair we'll have one of few people in the world more narcissistic than Obama taking over for him.
Trump however, is at least competent. Obama has never shown any ability to do anything but carefully let himself be carried by older, wealthier worldlier supporters and mentors. His entire existence has been stage-managed by more capable individuals.
Seems I made that very point on this forum once before.

And a narcissist like that who's actually competent should scare the living fucking shit out of you.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

He's a competent reality show celebrity, not a competent businessman; he has being born into his station to thank for his standard of living, nothing more.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

not to spoil anything here, but dioesn'/didn't Barbera Boxer cary a pistol too?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Jericho941 wrote:He's a competent reality show celebrity, not a competent businessman; he has being born into his station to thank for his standard of living, nothing more.
That's false. That's how he got his start, but not how you stay there. And in fact do better than his father ever did.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Termite wrote:
skb12172 wrote:Cruz shit his nest with me when he beclowned himself with Huckabee by grandstanding with Kim Davis.
SKB,
You do understand that the SCOTUS decision is bad law, correct? Similiar to Roe vs Wade?
Opinions vary. Even if I concede that it is, she was ill-advised to flaunt it so openly.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

arctictom wrote:I carry a gun all the time because of the massive social screwup's generated by our .gov .
Agreed.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Greg wrote:
MarkD wrote:
Greg wrote:When a system is fucked up and corrupt, I'm not going to fault anyone who does what he can - within the fucked up rules - to play that system.

Blame the fucked up system.

And better he's willing to carry his own gun than personally loathing guns, so you make your armed guards carry them for you (like a proper leftist oligarch).

That's just it, he's perfectly willing to have important people carry guns. Like himself. The rest of us, not so much. If he believed in RKBA so strongly he'd have been an advocate for overturning NYC's laws. He's just trying to play well outside NYC now because he's smart enough to know that anti-gun isn't going to get him elected. Once elected his anti-guns-for-the-unwashed-masses attitude will come out (and God I hope I'm never proven right-or-wrong).
There's no way he's changing the system in NYC by himself, even if he wanted to.

There are enough things already to fault him for, but in general playing a rigged game to your benefit when you have no chance to shut down the house, isn't one of them.
This ^^^
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:Trump however, is at least competent.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Trump may be a lot of things, but do NOT assume he is stupid.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

HTRN wrote:The only thing Trump believe in.. is Trump. If he thought advocating eating the livers of American School Children could help get him what he wanted, he'd be making seen making political ads scarfing down a plate of Little Johnny.
No, that's Michael Moore's brand. ;)
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!