Huckabee Beclowns Himself Again

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Yogimus

Re: Huckabee Beclowns Himself Again

Post by Yogimus »

One post: Gays are different because they didnt have to deal with the same bullshit as blacks. Second post: Lists the same bullshit
Termite

Post by Termite »

Yogimus wrote:One post: Gays are different because they didnt have to deal with the same bullshit as blacks. Second post: Lists the same bullshit
Why yes. As a government policy, straight America has killed, fire hosed, bombed, and jailed gays who have marched/demonstrated for same sex marriage. Just last week I saw Zombie Bull Conner siccing police dogs on a gay pride parade..............
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Greg

Post by Greg »

Yogimus wrote:One post: Gays are different because they didnt have to deal with the same bullshit as blacks. Second post: Lists the same bullshit
Um Yogi, do you still understand the fallacious nature of the 'something happened and nothing bad happened immediately, therefore nothing bad will ever happen' argument?

No Jews died the day Hitler was elected, no countries were invaded. So it was no big deal. (Absurd exaggeration to make a point because Yogi seems to appreciate the absurd.)

You can make other arguments, good or bad. This isn't a completely settled issue.

But no matter what you're arguing, a bad argument is bad.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Seems we're playing musical fallacies. :lol: Just because another shoe hasn't dropped, doesn't mean it's coming.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Termite wrote:
JustinR wrote: Next, it will be the non-profit status of churches that will be legally challenged because they won't host or perform a gay wedding.
That is a valid concern. The "Nazi" wing of the gay-lebian movement has already said that is a goal. However, it's an issue that is causing turmoil amoung the gay-lesbian movement, because the ones with good sense realise it is dangerous ground.
Churches have suddenly become unavailable to non-members for weddings for just this reason. My daughter couldn't get a "pretty" church to be married in as a result. The churches are all afraid of lawsuits, so no non-member weddings. Unintended consequences and all that.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Yogimus wrote:Ever since this gay marriage thing, my life has been just all dicks all the time. Open a box of cereal? Dicks. Mail? More dicks. Just big floppy dingalings around every corner. THANKS OBAMA.
I thought Yogi was exulting in the sudden availability of new joys. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Yogimus wrote:Ever since this gay marriage thing, my life has been just all dicks all the time. Open a box of cereal? Dicks. Mail? More dicks. Just big floppy dingalings around every corner. THANKS OBAMA.
Maybe if the poster-children for gay marriage was hot chicks instead of gay guys you wouldn't have this problem.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I thought it was always that way in the AF.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote:
I thought it was always that way in the AF.
Nah, that wouldn't leave enough time for playing golf.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

Weetabix wrote:
Termite wrote:
JustinR wrote: Next, it will be the non-profit status of churches that will be legally challenged because they won't host or perform a gay wedding.
That is a valid concern. The "Nazi" wing of the gay-lebian movement has already said that is a goal. However, it's an issue that is causing turmoil amoung the gay-lesbian movement, because the ones with good sense realise it is dangerous ground.
Churches have suddenly become unavailable to non-members for weddings for just this reason. My daughter couldn't get a "pretty" church to be married in as a result. The churches are all afraid of lawsuits, so no non-member weddings. Unintended consequences and all that.
We are in the process of updating our church's constitution for that very reason.