Huckabee Beclowns Himself Again

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Re: Huckabee Beclowns Himself Again

Post by skb12172 »

The gay community responds using ridicule and show tunes! :lol: 8-)
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
tcourtplayer

Post by tcourtplayer »

JustinR wrote:
tcourtplayer wrote:It was more than her not issuing the licenses, she had ordered that all her minions were forbidden from issuing them as well. At that point she was using the power of her office to violate citizens equal protection rights as determined by the Supreme Court. If you use the power of your government office to intentionally and knowingly violate people's rights and are given every chance to stop doing so and refuse then yes you do deserve to spend some time in jail.
Was not her main objection having HER name on the marriage certificates as the county clerk? Look, it's obvious she wanted to be the test case. She could have resigned her position in protest instead. But how is the federal judge correct in ordering her to violate her religious beliefs? Two wrongs don't make a right in my opinion. Everyone knew this would be a significant legal battle. Throwing her in jail just to release her a week later was just the judge throwing a fit for her not playing by his rules IMHO.
Let's put this in perspective, let's say a Chief of police not only refuses to personally issue CCW permits but orders that all police are also prevented from doing so for (insert excuse here). I have a strong feeling that most here would be demanding this judge put them in jail for contempt, violation under color of law, etc...and you would be right to do so. The fact that in this case the judge did the right thing and the DC judges are not doing it to the DC Chief of police doesn't make this judge wrong.

To make this analogy correct, said police chief would have to belong to the Church of the Virgin Diane Feinstein, with Disarmaments 5:56 dictating that commoners must never be allowed to carry arms. If his personal beliefs prevent him from performing the duty of his office, then he should resign.

(I REALLY think it's time to start a Church of John Moses Browning. The Book of Armaments is just begging to be written.)
And before you say the second amendment is a constitutional right and gay marriage isn't remember they didn't "find a right for gay marriages" but recognized that if states issue heterosexual marriage licenses they must for homosexual as well using equal protection and freedom of association.
The problem is that gay and lesbians already had equal rights...the ability to marry someone of the opposite sex. What the Supreme Court did is create a right based on sexual preference. Never mind that marriage was an institution used to promote social order (speaking outside the religious views of marriage), now people can claim that preferences are rights. Pretty soon age of consent laws will come under attack, since they previously stated a MUCH younger age in recorded history and pedophiles will demand equal protection, among others. The court can hide behind distinctions all they want, but what they did was fundamentally change a pillar of society without consulting the governed.
The problem is as a government official you only have two options when it comes to your duties of office: 1) perform them to the best of your ability or 2) quit. Stop. Period. End of sentence. Not only did she fail in this, she ordered said minions to also fail in this regard. Some couples felt this violated their recently affirmed constitutionally protected rights and brought a law suit. The judge agreed and issued an order to begin issuing them. She refused, so the judge said either A) you comply or B) I'll find you in contempt for which the punishment is prison, there is no third option. She told him to piss up a rope and he said I'll take that as you choosing option B. Again this isn't a religious issue, if it was she could very publically resigned her office stating her religious objections. She was jailed like many others around this country are every year for being held in contempt.

As for marriage being a pillor of society I could not agree more. That being said, it shouldn't be the job of a constitutional limited government such as ours to start meddling in it. But since it has it must recognize all consenting adults freedom of association (yes this would still prevent pedophiles from marrying kids because they are kids and are by definition not consenting adult). The support marriage proves society is best advocated through religious and non-religious organizations outside of the government who educate people on the historical advantages of traditional nuclear families.
JAG: So why do you need armor piercing ammo?
tcourtplayer: Zombies
JAG: For when they hide behind engine blocks?
tcourtplayer: Just because the movies say they will be dumb and slow doesn't make it true.
JAG: WOW!!!
Termite

Post by Termite »

The biggest problem is that the SCOTUS decision on "same sex marriage" is BAD LAW, just like Roe vs Wade. It was not a judicial matter, it was a legislative matter. All of the SCOTUS judges know this, but 4 or 5 don't care, and 1 swings back and forth.
As someone posted previously, I wonder how much Scalia drinks to drown his frustration.....
JustinR wrote: Next, it will be the non-profit status of churches that will be legally challenged because they won't host or perform a gay wedding.
That is a valid concern. The "Nazi" wing of the gay-lebian movement has already said that is a goal. However, it's an issue that is causing turmoil amoung the gay-lesbian movement, because the ones with good sense realise it is dangerous ground.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I'm afraid that we're rapidly approaching the point where an amicable divorce is no longer possible.

Which wouldn't bother me so much, if I didn't have kids and grandkids.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Ever since this gay marriage thing, my life has been just all dicks all the time. Open a box of cereal? Dicks. Mail? More dicks. Just big floppy dingalings around every corner. THANKS OBAMA.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Yogimus wrote:Ever since this gay marriage thing, my life has been just all dicks all the time. Open a box of cereal? Dicks. Mail? More dicks. Just big floppy dingalings around every corner. THANKS OBAMA.
Amusing and all, but a fallacy.

Just because the negative consequences of an action don't happen instantly and all at once, doesn't mean an act won't have negative consequences.

(The left makes arguments like this all the time "see I just did X and the world hasn't ended yet", etc, and it's stupid. Just because you're an idiot who thinks anything beyond the next 5 minutes is unforeseeably far in the future doesn't mean the rest of us are so limited. OK, rant over.)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Greg wrote:
Yogimus wrote:Ever since this gay marriage thing, my life has been just all dicks all the time. Open a box of cereal? Dicks. Mail? More dicks. Just big floppy dingalings around every corner. THANKS OBAMA.

Just because the negative consequences of an action don't happen instantly and all at once, doesn't mean an act won't have negative consequences.

(The left makes arguments like this all the time "see I just did X and the world hasn't ended yet", etc, and it's stupid. Just because you're an idiot who thinks anything beyond the next 5 minutes is unforeseeably far in the future doesn't mean the rest of us are so limited. OK, rant over.)
Clearly, I mean we started treating blacks like people, and look what those assholes are doing now. Voting and shit.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Yogimus wrote:Clearly, I mean we started treating blacks like people, and look what those assholes are doing now. Voting and shit.
Comparing homosexual behavior to ethnicity/race is idiotic. :roll:

And pretty damn insulting to American blacks who were beaten, firehosed, blown up, and jailed during the Civil Rights Movement. :x
Last edited by Termite on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Greg

Post by Greg »

Yogimus wrote:
Greg wrote:

Clearly, I mean we started treating blacks like people, and look what those assholes are doing now. Voting and shit.
Yep, and you had unprotected gay buttsex with an intravenous drug user and you feel FINE I'll bet. That AIDS is a big pharma scam.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Termite

Post by Termite »

Wait......it is Saturday, and after 5:00 o'clock where Yogi is.

That explains it....... ;)