Reporter And Cameraman Shot On Live TV In Virginia

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Reporter And Cameraman Shot On Live TV In Virginia

Post by skb12172 »

He is still at large.
Link
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Aesop

Re: Reporter And Cameraman Shot On Live TV In Virginia

Post by Aesop »

I am torn between a desire to see justice done, and a quiet hope that the idea could catch on. :|

What would be excellent beyond compare would be if the D.A. charges the killing of the interviewee/bystander as capital murder and tries to max the guy out for that if/when they catch him*, but regards whacking the two reporters as justifiable homicide.

* dollars to donuts he'll be the sort of deranged whackjob that when cornered, will simply eat his own gun.
Last edited by Aesop on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

Looks like they have ID'd the suspect as Vester Flanigan, a disgruntled former station employee.
randy

Post by randy »

Aesop wrote:* dollars to donuts he'll be the sort of deranged whackjob that when cornered, will simply eat his own gun.
Reports: Suspect in 2 murders on live TV has shot himself
The "disgruntled employee" believed to have shot and killed two media members and wounded a third person on live television Wednesday morning has reportedly shot himself after being confronted by police along a Virginia highway.
But apparently he couldn't manage to do that simple little thing effectively.
He is in critical condition...
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Reports: Suspect in 2 murders on live TV has shot himself
And so ends this particular new cycle.

As sad as it is to say, this is really no different from dozens of other murders that occur every day.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

The shooter is whining "RA-ciss" on his FB page according to a news article. Why, of COURSE he is.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Apparently my cousin was friends with both of the station employees who were killed. Kind of a bummer.

Since she is good people, I think it suggest they were alright.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Old Grafton wrote:The shooter is whining "RA-ciss" on his FB page according to a news article. Why, of COURSE he is.
I understand that he's shot himself and is in critical condition, which puts his claim of RA-ciss to rest. He's obviously incompetent, he didn't even know how to suck his own pistol. I've never undstood that whole murder-suicide thing. It seems to me that he should have skipped the murder part and focused more completely on the suicide portion of the exam. It's just another indicator that he is woefully incompetent.

No wonder they fired him.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
randy

Post by randy »

update from Fox and local media:
GUNMAN WHO KILLED 2 VIRGINIA TV NEWS JOURNALISTS THIS MORNING HAS DIED
So he finally did accomplish at least one positive thing in his life.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Where's Sharpton? Isn't this a tragedy worthy of his attention? Jackson? Crickets.......
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.