Americans Are Fleeing These US Cities In Droves

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Baja boy

Americans Are Fleeing These US Cities In Droves

Post by Baja boy »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
Liberals: all about choice UNTIL you choose differently than them.
Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
First Shirt

Re: Americans Are Fleeing These US Cities In Droves

Post by First Shirt »

Gee! I wonder why that is? (Where's the sarcasm smiley when you need it?)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Rod

Post by Rod »

What's really saddening about that El Paso stat is that the city has over 3000 empty homes at last count and are allowing the builders carte blanc to build more, right up the mountainsides. We're also one of the highest taxed cities in the nation. If I could get decent deals for my two houses, I'd seriously think of selling and moving to New Mexico. Property tax and income tax there are cheaper than the property tax alone in El Paso.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Greg

Post by Greg »

Well I did my bit. ;)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Baja boy

Post by Baja boy »

Rod wrote:What's really saddening about that El Paso stat is that the city has over 3000 empty homes at last count and are allowing the builders carte blanc to build more, right up the mountainsides. We're also one of the highest taxed cities in the nation. If I could get decent deals for my two houses, I'd seriously think of selling and moving to New Mexico. Property tax and income tax there are cheaper than the property tax alone in El Paso.
Rod,
I believe that the builders and lying R.E.people are depending upon the continued federal gubbermit deficit spending for military & CBP people/facilities . This is and has been occurring all along our Southern border for years . One main reason that Arizona isn't further in a recession is that the feds have spent upwards of 2-300 million + in new construction for F-35 hangars and CBP buildings in the past 3-4 years .
B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
Liberals: all about choice UNTIL you choose differently than them.
Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

By Americans, are they really using code for white people?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Termite

Post by Termite »

skb12172 wrote:By Americans, are they really using code for white people?
Percentage-wise, the majority are "white"; but actually it's anyone middle-class and higher who can get a little further out. There are plenty of middle-class or professional-class blacks doing the same thing.
It's like they don't want their kids to grow up "in 'da hood", or something. ;)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Denis

Post by Denis »

It would be interesting to see the distribution of where those people are going. Are they moving out of cities or just to other cities?
Greg

Post by Greg »

Denis wrote:It would be interesting to see the distribution of where those people are going. Are they moving out of cities or just to other cities?
In the US they're very likely moving to suburbs, but there's a chance they're moving from suburbs as well. Hard to tell, because they just mention 'metro areas', which includes cities and their suburbs.

For instance I just moved from the 'NYC metro area' to the 'St Louis metro area', but I actually moved from a somewhat upscale suburb to a somewhat upscale suburb.

What those places do have in general is that they're decaying (sometimes quite literally) Blue Model enclaves, with very expensive overbearing gov't, high taxes, highly regulated, often with extras like highly corrupt governance and high crime.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Denis wrote:It would be interesting to see the distribution of where those people are going. Are they moving out of cities or just to other cities?
Combination of both. I grew up in northwest Indiana south of Gary (included as part of the Chicago area. I got the chance to move to Indianapolis and took it. Damn glad I did. Despite recent crime surges it's safer than Chicago. And we have a 2600 square foot house on a quarter acre in Indianapolis itself. In the Chicago suburbs we'd pay three times as much for the house with a smaller lot.

We took a swing through my dad's old neighborhood in Gary last year - the whole place is almost a ghost town, and a shadow of its former self.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.