Eagle Feathers Prevail in California

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Old Grafton

Eagle Feathers Prevail in California

Post by Old Grafton »

The "cat's out of the bag". Just wait 'til next year, when the various GLBWTF groups start decorating the tree.....

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 3-03-39-12
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
PawPaw

Re: Eagle Feathers Prevail in California

Post by PawPaw »

Hell, we've got bald eagles in Louisiana. And golden eagles. They're not as common yet as the red-tailed hawk, but before many more years, the raptors will be as common as english sparrows.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

PawPaw wrote:Hell, we've got bald eagles in Louisiana. And golden eagles. They're not as common yet as the red-tailed hawk, but before many more years, the raptors will be as common as english sparrows.
Same here in CT (minus the golden eagles as far as I can see).
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

PawPaw wrote:Hell, we've got bald eagles in Louisiana. And golden eagles. They're not as common yet as the red-tailed hawk, but before many more years, the raptors will be as common as English sparrows.
And at that point, will the English Sparrows be rare? I don't think anyone would care if the pigeons became rare.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
randy

Post by randy »

Windy Wilson wrote: And at that point, will the English Sparrows be rare?
Laden, or unladen?
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Windy Wilson wrote:And at that point, will the English Sparrows be rare? I don't think anyone would care if the pigeons became rare.
Pigeons are edible, you know. Can you say "squab"? We ate them as starving college students. A pigeon gumbo is a fine meal. We did have to get creative to keep the college administrators unaware, but luckily our "house-mother" spent most of her time in her apartment, drinking vodka. I'd normally only see her once a semester, when she gave me a key to my room.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

I don't get why this was a "thing". Should never have turned into a court case. It's graduation, not the army. The kid is legally allowed to wear an eagle feather, let him wear a freaking eagle feather. How much money was wasted on this bullshit?
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

JK, it's not the feather. It's the GLBWTF Rainbow Flag, The Satan Face, the Rastafarian Joint, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the Rubber Chicken, the Running Yellow Dawg, the Whatever The Eff Symbol/Necklace/Outrageous/Dildo/Etc.Thingy I can Invent To Eff With And Disrupt Shiite And Ceremony Solemnity Thing.
If no one cares about that, then why bother with a ceremony at all? The school system had a religion/etc. neutral process in place but that wasn't good enough. Now it's open to who- or what-ever is most annoying or unsettling. Have fun. So much for Pomp and Ceremony. It's now OK to mock everything. Just wait and see.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

JKosprey wrote:I don't get why this was a "thing". Should never have turned into a court case. It's graduation, not the army. The kid is legally allowed to wear an eagle feather, let him wear a freaking eagle feather. How much money was wasted on this bullshit?
It's really about Power and Respect Mah Authoritay! I saw it a bunch in HS. We had a vice-principal who loved threatening kids with banning them from the ceremony over the most trivial of infractions. A major milestone gone because some power hungry bitch had sand in her vagina. She eventually became principal, fortunately after I had transferred and graduated from another high school.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.