CRULazyGutlessSonofabitchUUZ!

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Aesop

CRULazyGutlessSonofabitchUUZ!

Post by Aesop »

From the Fishwrap of Record:

Cruz announces for Prez
LYNCHBURG, Va. — Senator Ted Cruz of Texas announced on Monday morning that he would run for president in 2016, becoming the first Republican candidate to declare himself officially in the race.

Linking the determination of his immigrant father with the resolve of the founding fathers and his own faith in “the promise of America,” Mr. Cruz spoke at length about his family and his faith as he laid out a case for his candidacy.
Heard excerpts of his speech on the way home this AM on Glenn Beck.

When he got to the section in his speech where he noted that our natural rights don't come from man, and are therefore irrevocable by government, he had me.
That he's a magna cum laude Harvard law school grad (who hasn't spent $2M to hide his writings and opinions), about whom rabid right-wing fanatic <not!> Alan Dershowitz has said "has a brilliant legal mind", with experience on the Senate Armed Services committee, makes him now the guy to beat, for either party, and a vast improvement on the current douchebag-in-chief in every respect.

If Reagan had a political son, he'd look like Ted Cruz, and barring some horrendous scandal, he's going to be a leviathan to beat.
If he manages to quip, when asked about the progressive agenda, that "we begin bombing in five minutes", he'll be the president for the next eight years.
Last edited by Aesop on Wed May 04, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Dub_James

Re: CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ!

Post by Dub_James »

Meh.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Les Nessman

Post by Les Nessman »

Walker/Cruz would be formidable.
In that order.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Funny to see the talking heads all wrought up that he didn't need a teleprompter.

As for the Liberty U kick-off -- there goes Huckabee's demographic. Stick a fork in the Huckster populism, he's done (thank goodness).
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Why the meh?
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Because I have little tolerance for theocracies.
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Yogimus wrote:Because I have little tolerance for theocracies.
Nor for self-promoting opportunistic populists like Cruz.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I'd be okay with Cruz, Walker, or Perry. My fervent, heartfelt prayer is that we don't get stuck with Jeb Bush, Chris Chirstie, or some other RINO, because that will cause me to sit out a presidential election for the first time since I was old enough to vote.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Finally, someone I might be able to vote FOR, rather than against.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Termite

Post by Termite »

Yogimus wrote:Because I have little tolerance for theocracies.
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
If you think that Jefferson had in mind a theocracy when he wrote that, you know little of Jefferson.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."