CRULazyGutlessSonofabitchUUZ!

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Termite

Re: CRUUUUUUUUBatcrapCrazyUUUUUUZ!

Post by Termite »

Aesop wrote:..........Setting the bar at "conservative, bat shit crazy, but not quite as horrible as Trump" is one at which we ought not settle.
"Ron Paul, call your office............." :lol:

If Cruz was gonna insist on a woman, he could have picked Nikki Haley. :roll:
In my daydream, he would have chosen Allen West. 8-)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
g-man

Post by g-man »

Termite wrote:
Aesop wrote:..........Setting the bar at "conservative, bat shit crazy, but not quite as horrible as Trump" is one at which we ought not settle.
"Ron Paul, call your office............." :lol:

If Cruz was gonna insist on a woman, he could have picked Nikki Haley. :roll:
In my daydream, he would have chosen Allen West. 8-)
Or better yet, if he could convince her... Condi Rice. But no. And while she's also a former SecState, unlike Hillary, she doesn't have to rely on a title she's not entitled to by standard protocol. To wit: Hillary should be referred to as "Senator Clinton", since this was the last title she held which doesn't cause confusion because of a singular current officeholder (e.g. Secretary Kerry). Condoleezza on the other hand, has received a regular, non-honorary PhD, so she's Dr. Rice.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Cruz has been playing this very well, no one thought he would be this close, so I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, He was looking to give himself a boost in Northern CA and supposedly has data she does just that: cannot win th general if you don't win the primary.

Pence is on board, so that helps too.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04 ... ident.html
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I guess for some reason the assumption is that Pence wasn't asked if he wanted to run for VP, or Rice for that matter?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I'm a Condi fan. Still she may be seen as establishment. Why would she take the job? Has a great gig now. There's no certainty she'd take the job if offered it. She was pursued to run for the head of the ticket a couple times and didn't.

Enough fantasy about mighta, coulda and shoulda. We are here, right where we are. Cruz_Carly.

Both talking Constitutional first principles.

As a Constitutionalist, this is the best quality ticket I could hope to vote for. Better even on articulating first principles that when I first voted in a Presidential election in 1980.

Seriously, it's down to Indiana. Game time. Get your wallets out.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Condi made her feelings well known in 2008, giving statements a whisker short of William Tecumseh Sherman's famous :"If nominated I will not run; if elected I will not serve."

She made it blisteringly clear to the GOP that her answer was not just no, but HELL NO to any further government office, particularly elected office.
She wanted to go back to Stanford and teach, and did.

It's debatable whether even an invitation from a sitting president would change her mind about that.

Meanwhile, the fucktard leftwing moonbats were out last night in Costa Mesa, rioting at the OC Fairgrounds to prevent people from getting to see Trump - his rally was yuuuuuge, btw - which will gain him some more sympathy voters due to the opposition's assholian tactics.
The Usual Communist Suspects are doing the same thing in the Bay Area today and through the weekend, where Trump, Kasich, Cruz, and Failorina are on the schedule in that order at the CA state GOP convention.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Yeah, Trump isn't my guy, but every time the "protestors" start up... He will be my guy in the general if he gets the nom. I hope he makes their heads explode.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Wow - just looking at the polls in Indiana. It could be even, or Trump up 15, or Cruz up 16. All three polls within the last few days. I have no idea what to make of that.
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Vonz90 wrote:Wow - just looking at the polls in Indiana. It could be even, or Trump up 15, or Cruz up 16. All three polls within the last few days. I have no idea what to make of that.
Saw that too. How does that even happen?
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"