CRULazyGutlessSonofabitchUUZ!

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Durham68

Re: CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ!

Post by Durham68 »

Nope.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Greg

Post by Greg »

Aesop wrote:
Weetabix wrote:
Aesop wrote:Trump is simply the flip-side of Obama: what a Republican would look like if he'd never had an original thought, never took the time to think about something in his entire life, had been gifted with undeserved success, was pompously bombastically morally certain of his inate superiority to lesser mortals on every subject under the sun, obnoxiously loud about it, enamored of this country whenever it suits serving his own ends, and perhaps even actually an occasional Republican, when it suited him.
Are you describing Trump or the people who vote for him? :lol:
The answer is "yes".
Like attracts like.
The only small saving grace here, is that Trump himself is a lifelong liberal, and the product of a liberal (mild understatement) environment.

The REALLY fucked up thing is that it doesn't matter. Apparently our entire society is so awash, top to bottom, side to side, in liberalism, that now both 'sides' in the culture war have fallen victim to liberalism's pathologies.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

"Liberalism is a mental illness," declares the man as he hacks off his left hand because "only faggot Democrats have left anythings."
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Jericho941 wrote:"Liberalism is a mental illness," declares the man as he hacks off his left hand because "only faggot Democrats have left anythings."
There's an interesting sentiment that raises a thought I've had for some time. It feels like there's this weird situation these days where words either don't mean anything, or they mean too many things at the same time.

Take "liberalism" (please! /hennyyoungman)

I'll bet when some people here use it, they mean, among other things, the mindset that says, "Government is the solution for everything, everything should be free, take from the rich and give to the people who will vote my way, the courts will force those regressives to do things our enlightened way, etc."

I'll speculate that you don't mean that. I'd speculate that maybe you mean something more along the lines of "Corporations shouldn't run our government, consensual behavior should not be regulated, etc." Probably other things.

Was it Soren Kirkegaard or Dick Van Patten who said, "If you label me, you negate me."? (Party on, Wayne!) I think the labels are perceived as a convenient way to attempt to shorten expressing a sentiment, but sometimes they create more confusion than they clear up. I can't count the times I've seen people here arguing past each other where I can see each guy's point, and I can see that neither guy sees the other's.

I could wish that we could come up with some vocabulary with agreed on definitions that would actually make discourse more clear. I don't think we can do that society-wide because too many people have too many incentives to confuse the issue to advance their agenda by deceit. Too bad the wiki doesn't work - we could have a definitions section.

/wandering train of thought

What does the word "liberalism" mean to you?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

Kind of why more and more I use the terms statist and statisim to describe the political/social/cultural people and things I consider to be a threat to a civilized society. I'm not sure of who came up with the following statement but it resonates with me: "Orwell stated the future will be a boot stomping you in the face, forever. In such a world, it doesn't' really matter if the boot is on the right or left foot.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

The problem with the word liberal is that the Progressives rebranded themselves as liberal in the thirties. They are progressive or leftist, we are liberal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_liberalism
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Yeah, my personal definition of what "liberalism" is more in line with Vonz's link to "Classical Liberalism."

Although looking back on that mini-rant there, that probably looks insane and out of nowhere. I'm a bit frustrated with people who don't really have a set definition for "liberalism," and at this point more or less use it as a word that "has now no meaning except in so far as it signifies 'something not desirable'," to borrow Orwell's words on fascism. The kind of person who'll parrot "liberalism is a mental disease" because their understanding of the issues is non-existent, it's just Us vs Them and they're really mad at Them, details be damned. Y'know, the sort of person who thinks that Donald Trump is an actual Republican. He's loud and obnoxious and has an -R, so by God he's really sticking it to them. Cutting off their nose to spite their face, while saying the Other Guy is the crazy one.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Meanwhile, comes word from the dutiful (D) minions at TimeWarnerAOHell that Bernie should throw in the towel because, statistically, he has no chance in hell of getting the nomination, and shouldn't-we-all-start-carving-up-the-likely-Republican-nominee(s)?

Unfortunately, in their haste to crown Shrillary Empress For Life, they've cleverly forgotten one key fact that Bernie hasn't, and which will keep him in the race this election season until the party throws him out of it:
the FBI still gets a vote.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Apologies for following my own post on this thread, but now we have even bigger news:

It's finally happened: For months and months, those of us following the primary politics of this incredible season of insanity have watched and waited, certain that one candidate, lasting far beyond any rational expectation, would manage to melt down spectacularly in frothing insanity, and thereby set all further hopes for further political office on fire with him. And finally, today, that earnest and heartfelt expectation has been rewarded beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

Unfortunately, the candidate is Ted Cruz, with the inexplicably jackassical move of naming Carly Fiorina his running mate, should he somehow gain the nomination.
Carly Fiorina, the woman whose sole rationale for running this year (besides a field of 13 other mostly ne'er-do-wells, no shows, and utter babes in the woods) was her possession of internal genitalia.
Carly Fiorina, who managed to lose in a walkaway rout the race for Senate in her own home state, against the unquestioned Stupidest Senator in the entire U.S. Senate (and perhaps of all time as well), Barbara Boxer.
Carly Fiorina, who brings not a single delegate, a monstrous lack of political savvy, acumen, statesmanship, experience, nor any faintest hope of putting her own state into play in either the primary nor the general election.
Carly Fiorina, who finished...what? Twelfth? Thirteenth? Fourteenth?...among an initial field of fourteen Republican knuckleheads, in the greatest collection of ridiculous poseurs yet assembled in modern times for any presidential primary season.

A presidential candidate gets to make a total of one choice, to solidify his run for office, to demonstrate his wisdom and vision, and to balance the party's ticket in order to prevail in the general election.

And with the about-to-happen naming of this talentless no-load of a non-performer, Ted Cruz has unquestionably demonstrated that he's entirely not ready for prime time, has no grasp in any way of the tides that are running in the party, and not even the dimmest idea how to win in the general election. By going to the clueless wench, and pandering to the 0.0000002% of Republican voters who see her as a net plus for anything but Most Annoying Waste Of Ballot Space, he descends to McCainish levels of freak-shop foppery. McCain could at least fall back on being old, senile, suffering from PTSD, and mostly crazy by way of excuse. Cruz has none of these to prop up this bizarre and utterly senseless gesture, save bad advice, miserable personal judgement, utter desperation, and - perhaps - a hitherto unknown streak of mental illness.

He's just kissed away the floor fight at the convention, and probably any hope of winning in the general election, but even should he somehow snatch a victory out of the jaws of this monumental cock-up, I can find no way in this or any alternate universe to ever see myself giving him a mulligan and pulling the lever for him.

He's probably pushed Trump into the nomination without question, and Trump, in turn, will probably guarantee the election of President Shrillary Clintonette, unless prison prevents her from serving her term of office.

Which leaves us, by default, with President Communist.

And a well-deserved Participation trophy to John Kasich, the miserable sonofabitch whose dogged refusal to quit despite not having any hope of doing anything but sabotraging Cruz's run and keep him from ever getting the nomination, despite the inevitable unpalatable winner of that endgame, has succeeded beyond anyone's worst nightmares. Fuck you John, sideways with a rusty chainsaw, and when you die, Rot In Hell, you loathsome little chunk of porcine nightsoil.

Y'all are on your fucking own.
I'm going to work my ass off, secure my land, stock up on everything I can, and do nothing further in this race but hurl brickbats and cast votes for the Democrats on a straight ticket, the better to ensure they fully own the coming collapse poised to occur in short order, probably on a worldwide scale.

Not since Captain Smith in 1912 has history witnessed anyone run so gleefully face-first into the first available iceberg at full speed.
What a fucking disaster.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
blackeagle603

Re: CRUUUUUUUUBatcrapCrazyUUUUUUZ!

Post by blackeagle603 »

maybe, maybe not. I'm not so convinced.

Cruz likes to quote Thatcher, "First win the argument, then win the vote."

Fiorina was second to no one in the Republican debate field, 'cept maybe Cruz, in her ability to win the argument. Great debater, quick on feet in interviews, consistently on message for first principles and Constitutionalist views. totally groks new media.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story