CRULazyGutlessSonofabitchUUZ!

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Durham68

Re: CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ!

Post by Durham68 »

A little worried here.The Enquirer has been right on a lot of these.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
randy

Post by randy »

I thought they were talking about Trump until I noticed the "Staunch Republican" part.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

IIRC, they nailed John Edwards as well.

OTOH, the owner has been a very good friend of Trump's for years.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Langenator wrote:IIRC, they nailed John Edwards as well.

OTOH, the owner has been a very good friend of Trump's for years.
They do about ten + for every one they get right which is why they have lost a few lawsuits over the years and settled a buch of other ones. I am not sure how this helps Trump since he has bragged about doing the same stuff for years if it is true and if it isn't it looks like he is pulling favors to smear his rival.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Vonz90 wrote:I am not sure how this helps Trump since he has bragged about doing the same stuff for years if it is true and if it isn't it looks like he is pulling favors to smear his rival.
The smear could stick, though, as a hypocrisy issue: Trump brags about it, and Cruz is assumed to have a position not in favor of it.

They probably have different demographics of supporters. Cruz could lose some, though Trump might not pick them up.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Of note, Trump has tried using this tactic other times in this cycle. His people floated a very similar report about Kasich right before the Ohio primary.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I thought that post Clinton this kind of thing was seen as a positive, so long as your wife isn't dying from cancer or something.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Obviously I don't read NE, so I haven't read the attack piece in question, but the reports of it say that it does not say he did anything, but rather they are investigating allegations of such and then give details about the what they are supposedly investigating. This is a classic means of getting a meme out without taking on a tort liability. Pretty scumy.
BDK

Post by BDK »

They quoted Roger Stone... Google him.

He belongs in a TV show as a caricature of everything wrong in modern politics.

Frankly, if Cruz does keep a harem, and doesn't lie to his wife about it, not anyone else's business.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Seven reasons the whole farcical bimbo brouhaha is hogwash:

1) Ted Cruz has the sexual charisma of Don Knotts. Don't believe me, ask your wife or g/f. Like most of us, he was probably way out of his league when he snagged his wife in the first place.
2) The idea is so completely out of character with who Cruz is, as to be beyond any credibility.
3) Guys who do that don't wake up one day running for president, and decide to get jiggy. If there were any actual bimbo eruptions, they would have surfaced and been outted long since.
4) This is the exact same series of allegations that was shopped against Rubio when he was still in the race.
5) They are being shopped by a loyal Trumpkin operative, just as they were vis-à-vis Rubio.
6) The National Slander Rag is pitching this as "X said Y is doing this, so we're covering it as news", because if they said "We know of five mistresses" they'd have to pony out the actual bimbos in question, which they can't produce, and then they'd be sued into oblivion.
7) This is the exact Barack Obama playbook from Chicago, dusted off by the Hairpiece from Manhattan, and entirely in character with how he rolls.

And it's Reason #2,391 why I'll vote for the (D) nominee rather than Trump, should Trump somehow manage to get the nomination.
My only hope at this point is that he continues to melt down over this, abortion, nuclear weapons, and talking out his ass in general every time he opens his piehole, and what's left of the party finally sours on the sonofabitch while there's still time for sanity to break out ahead of the convention. As I've said all along, he has a bare plurality, he's viewed negatively by 75% of women nationwide, including by 50% of Republican women. Those are numbers are solid, and worse than Bob Dull, John McCrazy, or Mittens - and probably worse than Ford in '76: not the kind of candidate you send up if you seriously hope to win. If 8 or 10 of the stupid bastards running last summer had gotten out of the primaries 5 states earlier, like they should have done, Trump would be an embarrassment, and be featured mainly on late night monologues, where he belongs.

For the good of both the party, and the country, Trump should quite simply drop out. Just like the Religion of Peace(tm) being the root of about 98% of the actual conflict on the planet currently, Trump is everything wrong with this entire election season. Period.

The fact that he's neither a conservative, nor even a Republican, merely an ad hoc Central Park/Central Casting caricature of one, is simply icing on the whole shitball.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"