Hollis v. Holder New Machine Guns, we are winning

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
henrybowman

Hollis v. Holder New Machine Guns, we are winning

Post by henrybowman »

We are winning, the Heller Foundation is now joining the fight.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/168148 ... ml&page=89
henrybowman

Re: Hollis v. Holder New Machine Guns, we are winning

Post by henrybowman »

henrybowman wrote:We are winning, the Heller Foundation is now joining the fight.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/168148 ... ml&page=89
Anyone else following this?

Oral argument on Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss, or in the Alternative, for Summary
Judgment, filed January 16, 2015, is SET for Thursday, April 23, 2015, at 1:30 p.m.
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

I've not been keeping up with the intricate details, but I've been watching out for progress on it.

To overturn the Registry ban would be a massive win, not because of what it would do so much as what it would mean.

Even so, every one of us should be ready with the forms to submit should the ban fall. We need to buy, buy, buy (or make, make, make) if it does happen. Let's get massive numbers of full auto in play.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

I would imagine there are going to be more than a few people butthurt when they see their Class 3 investments drop in price.

I want a Tommy gun.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

TheArmsman wrote:I would imagine there are going to be more than a few people butthurt when they see their Class 3 investments drop in price.

I want a Tommy gun.
No doubt, and we need to watch out for being backstabbed by such people, although there's not much they can directly. Any argument they'd put forward would be unavoidably seen in light of them protecting their own commercial interests.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
evan price

Post by evan price »

I don't want any FAs, and I don't like ARs, but I would buy one M4gery just because.

Edit to add: naah, make mine a pistol caliber sub gun like an MP5K or a Glock 18 or Steyr TMP.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

TheArmsman wrote:I would imagine there are going to be more than a few people butthurt when they see their Class 3 investments drop in price.

I want a Tommy gun.
Yeah, but lightweight made with modern materials. Those things are HEAVY!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

evan price wrote:I don't want any FAs, and I don't like ARs, but I would buy one M4gery just because.

Edit to add: naah, make mine a pistol caliber sub gun like an MP5K or a Glock 18 or Steyr TMP.
And in many ways, that's the point. It wouldn't matter whether a particular firearm was to your taste or not, but would instead be a case of ensuring you added to the pile of such firearms in circulation, ensuring that it would be difficult to close the Registry again, and to gain greater protection under the "in common use" standard.

This would also push the antis back again from their "assault weapon" myth, since they will have already used up any credibility the term had, so it'll just look to the uneducated like they're whining about the same old thing again. What difference would it make to either our side or theirs if they describe it as "full auto assault weapons"? Their own side already thinks they're full auto. Our side knows better, and would simply set about the task of getting their hands on as many as they could. In a way, the AR15 is the perfect rifle to have around at a time when the Registry reopens; most anyone can build one. We could very quickly get hundreds of thousands if not a million new FAs in civilian hands (of course, ATF throughput would have an effect).

Plus, the COD and Battlefield gamers would now have greater opportunity to use and own firearms that function exactly like those they use in their gaming.

If we get it reopened, we all need to take full advantage of it. FA has not been part of the Gun Culture for nearly 30 years; we have some catching up to do, and we all need to get involved.

In the meantime, let's see how this case unfolds.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
g-man

Post by g-man »

FA Thompson. Have shot M4, M240, M249, M2. Like all. Expensive to feed. Have also had the opportunity to shoot a FA Thompson.

WANT Thompson.

Might have to ask forgiveness rather than permission with SWMBO should this go the right way.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I want a Tommy gun.
This, and this. 8-)
Eppur si muove--Galileo