Explain Net Neutrality

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Darrell

Explain Net Neutrality

Post by Darrell »

Title says it all. Coming from Obummer & Co., it can't be good. The left seems to be cheering for it; Zero sent a hand signed note to Reddit thanking them for their support.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
First Shirt

Re: Explain Net Neutrality

Post by First Shirt »

Not 100% sure yet, but my gut reaction is that if the liberals are happy about it, it can't be good!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Here you go: read all about it, courtesy of Karl Denninger.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Chris has a blog post up about it. The gist is, what they did today, was not Net Neutrality.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

First Shirt wrote:Not 100% sure yet, but my gut reaction is that if the liberals are happy about it, it can't be good!
He'll even the liberals are not happy about this. It's a blatant power grab. Hopefully it won't survive the courts.
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

The short version is that the feds are going to control something they dont understand with incompetent personal who will add constraints to the net on goingly until it is no longer functional.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
randy

Post by randy »

"Neutrality" is apparently now the word the government uses instead of "reform" when what they mean is "control".
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Greg

Post by Greg »

arctictom wrote:The short version is that the feds are going to control something they dont understand with incompetent personal who will add constraints to the net on goingly until it is no longer functional.
And it will all be as impartial and aboveboard as the IRS.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Telephone Tax to support the Spanish-American War, anyone?

Free ObamaPads, anyone?
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »