Explain Net Neutrality

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
scipioafricanus

Re: Explain Net Neutrality

Post by scipioafricanus »

Kommander wrote:This is a bit of an aside, and it's not an idea I came up with on my own, but the Moon Landings actually had a major negative effect on the American psyce. The landings, combined with the Manhattan project and some of the 1930's infrastructure projects have caused many Americans to believe that any problem can be solved if we throw enough money at it. Not only is this not true, but this attitude is often exploited by rent seekers to further their own aims. We just need a few billion more to end poverty, or racism, or fix our schools or whatever. Of course the money never actually goes to any of this in any amount that makes a difference, and a few years later the rent seekers are back for more and we give it to them. We give it because the 1930's through 1960's "proved" America can do anything, if we only spend enough money.
That actually is a great point, never thought about it.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Jericho941

Re: Explain Net Neutrality

Post by Jericho941 »

Kommander wrote:This is a bit of an aside, and it's not an idea I came up with on my own, but the Moon Landings actually had a major negative effect on the American psyce. The landings, combined with the Manhattan project and some of the 1930's infrastructure projects have caused many Americans to believe that any problem can be solved if we throw enough money at it. Not only is this not true, but this attitude is often exploited by rent seekers to further their own aims. We just need a few billion more to end poverty, or racism, or fix our schools or whatever. Of course the money never actually goes to any of this in any amount that makes a difference, and a few years later the rent seekers are back for more and we give it to them. We give it because the 1930's through 1960's "proved" America can do anything, if we only spend enough money.
The irony of that is that Britain is the only country to successfully develop and demonstrate satellite launch capabilities, and then completely abandon their space program.