Police brutality?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

Police brutality?

Post by D5CAV »

Or police stupidity?

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/john-hytrek/

Guy is working on a tractor in his driveway and SWAT team rolls up with sniper cover and puts him in the hospital.

Think anyone is going to suffer any ramifications here?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kommander

Re: Police brutality?

Post by Kommander »

Looks like both to me.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

The linked article wrote:Hytrek is now filing a federal civil rights lawsuit against the brutal Pottawattamie County Sheriff’s Office.
Good for him. I hope his lawyer has the demeanor of a rattlesnake and the personality of a honey badger. He eeds to suck the life out of that Sheriff's office.

The Sheriff of Pottawatttamie County, Iowa is Jeffery D. Danker, and he answers to the people of that county. Hopefully, he's serving his last term as sheriff. I do note that this atrocity happened in August 2012, so hopefully the good citizens of the county have had a chance to remedy the mistake. I'm not sure about the election dates in that state, but normally those fall every four years.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

This all started with a KY TV news report on May 16, which got picked up by Daily Caller, which then went viral.

1) The guy was SWATted by an asstard relative in 2012.
2) The Pottawattamie S.O., particularly their SWAT team, is evidently staffed by an incredible collection of fucktards with badges, who have pretty much confirmed every allegation of plaintiff made in the suit before it even goes to trial, including noting that the cellphone video of the EMS guy taken during the raid documents everything the guy alleges. That should end well in federal court.
3) This is only news now because Tackling Dummy Guy just filed a federal lawsuit (almost two years later) because, I dunno, his lawyer is brain damaged too.

If nothing else, this is a good object lesson in why fucking up while wearing a badge will almost always bite you in the ass, even if it's not that same week; and further proof that when someone (or a bunch of someones) is a jackass, the Internet always wins. There are 5+ pages of hits on this, all spawned by the two points I noted.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I KNEW that Pottwattamie County sounded familiar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIIVjj8L3a0
randy

Post by randy »

MarkD wrote:I KNEW that Pottwattamie County sounded familiar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIIVjj8L3a0
Yep. First thing that came to my mind.

Doesn't sound like things have changed much in the past 30+ years, I don't think [strike]Bill[/strike] CW picked that county at random when writing that song.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

randy wrote: [strike]Bill[/strike] CW
I see what you did there.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I was reading earlier where a swat team banged a baby's playpen making their entry. Baby suffered some serious burns and, I'm assuming, is largely deaf now.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

The baby has a 50% chance of survival.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

I am a strong proponent in outlawing swat teams