Most Jackassic Anti-Gun Statement Spoken To Me Lately

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Most Jackassic Anti-Gun Statement Spoken To Me Lately

Post by skb12172 »

Her reaction, on Facebook, based on the open carry at Chilis…

Link
This was my personal view at sonic today. There were six of them. Each with a different type of firearm strapped on their body in various ways. 4 of which I am certain were not yet 18 yrs. old. Besides the fact that you are at sonic and do not even NEED to get out the car, there is absolutely nothing that warrants getting out of your vehicle armed. It makes me feel oppressed and as if I am living in a police state. I'd rather they be concealed if you must carry. As ignorance is bliss. I don't have anything against guns but I don't understand the need to carry publicly. I have never in my life felt threatened or unsafe enough to want to carry a gun and I travelled some sketchy neighborhoods in Atlanta in my day. Having been trained to use firearms on stage that shoot blanks and the dangers they carry, I personally do not want the responsibility of a real firearm that fires a more deadly ammunition especially when there is no known threat and small children around. Basically, just by seeing them in a nonessential situation, they start to make me begin to feel like a victim.
I've known her since HS. Actually, I had a huge crush on her when she was a senior and I was a sophomore. Since then, she got a ART HISTORY DEGREE and works full-time, professionally, in Regional Theater. I engaged her in debate, trying to understand the source of her "feelings," but I honestly had a hard time with it because there was no logic involved. It was all..wait for it…FEELINGS!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Re: Most Jackassic Anti-Gun Statement Spoken To Me Lately

Post by skb12172 »

My response…
What they are doing is legal. There is nothing in the Constitution, or law, about the right to be free of bad "feelings". Since my life was literally saved by my ownership and carry of a firearm, we're going to have to agree to disagree. As for making you feel like a victim, I'm honestly stunned that you would give others that much control over you. Victim of what, exactly? I'm honestly puzzled, here.
She did not answer me. I figure I've got about a 50/50 chance of being defriended. :lol:
Last edited by skb12172 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

OH MY, she was trained in the use of STAGE PROPS!! That's makes her training relevant to real firearms only in the sense she MAY have been taught the 4 Rules. Otherwise, her stage "training" means NOTHING. I *ASSUME* you've already invited her to go shooting REAL guns numerous times and she's turned you down each and every single time.

What about having a FEMALE ask her to attend a class, perhaps even something like the NRA's Women on Target classes? Oh, but she will probably NOT want to attend ANYTHING offered by the NRA. But she's capable of thinking for herself, right? Then attending such a class and picking it apart shouldn't be a challenge for her, RIGHT? What if she was to attend the class for FREE (and others paid her class fee)???? Do you think she might attend it THEN??? After all, the ONLY thing she'd be missing is a few hours off her calender, and NO ONE is going to pressure her (as long as she just listens and keeps her mouth shut to get the FULL value of the training class). She can write whatever she wants AFTER the class, but she should NOT interrupt the training class for the other women by spouting her liberal views. Just take it as presented, then dissect it afterwards to determine if she learned ANYTHING from the class. I'd even donate money to help pay for her enrollment in the class!!

But she NEEDS to take an HONEST view of what she experiences, INCLUDING the other women's reactions and training experiences - and especially talking to those who were afraid of firearms but no longer are simply because they understand they are only mechanical tools wielded by people, people with GOOD intentions and also those with BAD intentions - but it's SIMPLY A TOOL nonetheless (even if she does NOT agree)!! She would at least need to COMPLETE the training class and talk to the other women in the class to get their FEELINGS, THOUGHTS, and OPINIONS.

Hell, I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to pay her ENTIRE class fee of $25.00 for her class of a few hours, if only she would HONESTLY write about it and the other women's thoughts and feelings of BEFORE AND AFTER the training class!!!

I've witnessed several HUNDRED women experience the empowerment of having the confidence to be able to protect themselves and their family, and NONE, NOT A ONE, has expressed revulsion or disgust after going through the NRA's Women on Target course. That's because it is NOT about the guns, it's about the person who wields them!! They now understand that the gun is ONLY A TOOL, and not something to be feared any more than a parked car in the garage that might try and run them over!!!

If you want, please copy and paste my response to her so she can see it, and the fact I'll be more than happy to pay for her Women on Target class attendance (even though I'm still under/un-employed)!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

More goodness, just now…
I guess it is based on how my parents raised me. Unless you are military or police, I become nervous with a person carrying a gun. I don't know your firearm training. I don't know your state of mind. I don't know if you are friendly or if you have evil intent. I personally would rather die of a gun shot wound than to kill another person whether accidentally or in protection of myself. I don't mind guns being used to hunt. But I become a nervous Nelly when I see people just walking around with them. As a theatre tech I have been trained to walk thru every worst case scenario in many situations. So when I see a gun like that strapped across his back. I immediately have 100 worst case scenarios run thru my head.

Then, her hubby tries to be the White Knight and ride in to save his wifey-poo…
Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's a good idea.
I honestly don't know what to fucking do with this. It's like arguing physics with a Kindergartener.

I did post the link and suggest she take a class. I told her that even if her opinion didn't change, it would become an informed opinion. By taking the mystery away, knowledge would give her power and power might make her feel like less of a victim.

EDIT: Nothing from her, but hubby just responded…
To quote a friend: "As effective as shouting the N word at a bus stop. Sure you have every right to do it, but you're an asshole for doing so."
This is pretty much why my default attitude has become, "we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Beyond that, if you want my guns? Come get 'em." :twisted:

Really…I'm just sick and tired of debating these people. Put up or shut up.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

skb12172 wrote:I did post the link and suggest she take a class. I told her that even if her opinion didn't change, it would become an informed opinion. By taking the mystery away, knowledge would give her power and power might make her feel like less of a victim.
Thank you! And I (and many more who feel as I do) would be MORE THAN HAPPY to pay her NRA class enrollment fee (there's NO WAY I'm paying for her to attend Front Sight or any other more skilled training classes). However, I'm quite certain she will decline since gaining the knowledge will upset her world view and that of many ideals she holds most dear. I'd REALLY be surprised if she accepted the offer (which she won't, 'cause she's too afraid of what it'll do to her fragile world view and the ideas she believes about firearms in general).

And that's too bad (and sad), 'cause she COULD learn if she'd only open her mind to it.

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

She finally responded…
I know how to clean, load, and shoot a gun. I have handled them quite frequently in the past. It doesn't make me like them any better.
My guess is she's lying through her fucking teeth. Just like all the libtards who claim to "be gun owners" or "know all about guns" etc, etc, horseshit, horseshit.

EDIT: God save us from know-it-all Liberal Arts majors which, unfortunately, I happen to be, as well. :roll:
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

skb12172 wrote:She finally responded…
I know how to clean, load, and shoot a gun. I have handled them quite frequently in the past. It doesn't make me like them any better.
My guess is she's lying through her fucking teeth. Just like all the libtards who claim to "be gun owners" or "know all about guns" etc, etc, horseshit, horseshit.

EDIT: God save us from know-it-all Liberal Arts majors which, unfortunately, I happen to be, as well. :roll:
I sincerely hope she's been better trained than by those morons who film their girlfriends and/or wives shooting guns for the first time and show them putting the scope up near their eyes, handing them a full-house .44 magnum as their first handgun they've EVER fired, or asking them to shoot 12-GA MAGNUM rounds while trying to hit a clay pigeon and then laughing when they almost fall on their asses!!

Unfortunately, she seems like the type of person who, after having a bad experience with NO training, says: "Thanks, but I've had enough", even though she has never REALLY experienced how to handle or shoot a firearm IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

My WIFE was scared and intimidated by firearms until she attended a few of the NRA's WOMEN'S TRAINING COURSES. Now she's a safe and competent gun handler, and she knows & practices the 4 Rules, and she loves to go shooting any time we get the opportunity. She frequently asks me when the next Women on Target class is being taught because then she can use other people's guns and ammo, AND she doesn't have to worry about cleaning them afterwards!!!

WHERE can you get THAT for only $25 (to shoot handgun, rifle, and shotgun - at our local Alpine, San Diego County range - 20 minutes outside San Diego city limits - photos from the January 2014 class - showing a WHOLE LOT of happy faces)???!!!!

We even have people coming down from the L.A. area to attend our classes because they get to experience all three disciplines and we also have an OUTSTANDING reputation for training, with a LOT of repeat class members (who sometimes bring their boyfriends and/or husbands).

The ONLY thing she has to lose is time if her class is being paid for (I will GUARANTEE her NRA Women on Target class fee, and you KNOW I'm good for it)!!

I only require she take an HONEST view/account of her training class, and write about it HONESTLY. If she didn't like it, that's fine, I can handle it (but I also have HUNDREDS of VERY satisfied women telling me otherwise, so her one negative wouldn't hurt me in the least), just PLEASE do an HONEST appraisal of the class and the experience (along with talking to and evaluating the other women's experiences). I just want her to be honest to not only herself, but others too (including her readers).

Tell other women just how empowering it is to be able to have the ability to protect yourself and family BEFORE the police arrive (IF you get the opportunity to even call them). Just be honest, and write about the experience HONESTLY!!! That's all. If she doesn't like it, be specific, say what she doesn't like about it. BE A JOURNALIST, be SPECIFIC, LET your readers KNOW what it is you don't like AND WHY.

I dare her to be HONEST not only in print, but to HERSELF!!!

skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Not gonna happen. Her hubby has taken over. He's claiming one of the women at Sonic today was illegally open carrying a pistol where they live in Texas and posted a picture calling it…"an illegal act." I had to explain what a Mare's Leg was, how there were holsters for it, and how it qualified as an SBR, as well as explaining what an SBR was.

So much for knowing all about guns, right? :roll:
Last edited by skb12172 on Sun May 25, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Why do you even bother with these people. I have never understood this. It's one thing to have an honest discussion but this seems like a waste of time.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I guess because I've known her for most of my life and, for one awkward year in HS, was madly in love with her. :lol: