Most Jackassic Anti-Gun Statement Spoken To Me Lately

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Greg

Re: Most Jackassic Anti-Gun Statement Spoken To Me Lately

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:Is it just me, or does the guy on the left look a lot like Gothapotamus? :lol:
It's not just you.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

skb wrote:
They won't let me leave
What? You're being held hostage? Damn, man, grow a set. If you want to leave, then leave.
Easy, Paw Paw. It was a figure of speech. I meant, they kept posting some flawed statement or incorrect data that I felt compelled to correct. At least we didn't discuss the shoulder thing that goes up...
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:My guideline comes (if I remember right) from David Codrea: If my 11-year-old son wants to tote a Ma Deuce home from the hardware store in his Radio Flyer wagon, he should have a note from me.
Given that a Ma Deuce weighs over 120 pounds not counting ammo, I'd personally prefer he use something something beefier than the average Radio Flyer, but that might just be me. Also if he brings one home without ammo, he's in trouble.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

kapikui wrote:
MiddleAgedKen wrote:My guideline comes (if I remember right) from David Codrea: If my 11-year-old son wants to tote a Ma Deuce home from the hardware store in his Radio Flyer wagon, he should have a note from me.
Given that a Ma Deuce weighs over 120 pounds not counting ammo, I'd personally prefer he use something something beefier than the average Radio Flyer, but that might just be me. Also if he brings one home without ammo, he's in trouble.
Tell him to bring it to my place. In addition to buying some ammo so we can shoot it, I'll also adopt him, since you clearly don't deserve him! :mrgreen:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

Netpackrat wrote:
kapikui wrote:
Tell him to bring it to my place. In addition to buying some ammo so we can shoot it, I'll also adopt him, since you clearly don't deserve him! :mrgreen:

Why, I just don't want him to ding the thing when it (and the ammo) breaks his wagon.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

In 2002 I used our Radio Flyer (it has the removable side rails) as a dolly to haul an International Fireball 16 racing scow up our driveway (dry weight of the hull: about 175#).

I think he'll be all right. A second trip for the ammo won't hurt any. Doing both at once is what my late father would call a "lazy man's load." :)
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I went to Court yesterday on a civil matter (my daughter is getting a divorce). Easy-peasy, we had to show up and testify, and it was a done deal. However, the bailiff, a cop I've worked with several times recognized me and motioned me out in the hallway.

"I've just gotta ask, " sez he. "Are you armed this morning ?"

I'm in a coat and tie with my J-frame in my pocket. "Well, hell yeah," I reply. "Have you ever seen me without a gun?"

"Oh, crap," his eyes roll back in his head, "You gotta disarm. If the judge knows you are armed, he's going to shit down both legs."

"I've been in his courtroom armed dozens of times, and this morning is different exactly how?"

"You're not in uniform, and you're a party to a suit. Please, just go put the pistol in the box."

So, I take the elevator down and put the pistol in the lock box. Testify for five minutes, and go retrieve my gat.

Now, I understand that it's illegal to carry a gun into the courthouse, (generally an ignorant law because the Sheriff's office is in that courthouse), but to further highlight the bone-headedness of the law, I worked one summer in that courthouse, as a bailiff, so I was in the courtroom armed every day. Several of the judges know me personally, and call me by my first name. It's not like I'm an unknown, and there is absolutely no chance that I'm going into the courtroom with nefarious purposes.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

PawPaw wrote:
HTRN wrote:I want machine pistols to be sold from vending machines. Everybody doesn't get what they want..
Oooh, this! I want belt-fed weapons to be sold over the counter. Again, we don't always get what we want.
Better still. "I want anti tank weapons sold through mail order, we don't all get what we want". When he tells you stop being ridiculous, show the ad, you know the one :mrgreen: and point out that up until 1968 you could do exactly that.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Mental exercise:
The republic was better (or worse) when any citizen could shoot a politician of any clan for whatever, illegality notwithstanding.
Government is so much more wonderful (horrible) to live under now that our patrician overlords are safe from the depredations of random plebians.

The only thing the GCA Act of '68 did was stop us from whittling down the Kennedys further, and noting what Kennedys since then that left us with, was a Faustian bargain that should be a lesson for the ages. If someone had hat-tricked Teddy before 1965, the 1965 IRCA would never have passed, and this would still be America, to include not having to "Press 1 For English". I'm for pushing back gun legislation until its 1967 again, solely on the documented hindsight merits of the argument.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Aesop wrote:I'm for pushing back gun legislation until its [strike]1967[/strike] 1933 again
FIFY, but you knew that was coming. :D
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop