Chief: The idea that a gun is a defensive weapon is a ‘myth’

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
308Mike

Chief: The idea that a gun is a defensive weapon is a ‘myth’

Post by 308Mike »

Such a MORON (even though this article is over a year old, he's STILL a MORON - but would you expect coming from next to San Franshithole):
California police chief: The idea that a gun is a defensive weapon is a ‘myth’
BY: Charlie Spiering February 14, 2013 | 12:54 pm

(VIDEO AT LINK)

California Police Chief Ken James insisted earlier this month that the idea of a gun as a “defensive weapon” was a “myth.” Speaking at a news conference about gun control with California lawmakers, James explained that he was concerned with the amount of weapons owned by American citizens.

“One issue that always boggles my mind is that the idea that a gun is a defensive weapon,” James said. “That is a myth. A gun is not a defensive weapon.”

James is the Police Chief of Emeryville, California and the Police Chief Association’s Firearms Committee Chairman.

“A gun is an offensive weapon used to intimidate and show power,” he asserted, explaining to the audience that police officers don’t carry weapons to defend themselves, but to do their job in a “safe and effective manner.”

James’ statement has become a subject of ridicule among gun owners online.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Greg

Re: Chief: The idea that a gun is a defensive weapon is a ‘m

Post by Greg »

That doesn't show he's a moron. It just shows he's a nasty piece of work, because it's projection.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Would body armor be then part of an offensive weapon, since it can be used to help the wearer intimidate and show power, as one becomes less vulnerable to defensive fire or defensive blows with objects?
A shield, then, is an offensive weapon, as it can be used to beat someone over the head.
Every defensive weapon can be used offensively with a little imagination.
Evil and projection are the words.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Thus proving the idea that some police don't simply deserve to be shot, they're actually begging for it, for the public good.
Given that Emeryville is a quiet little sh*thole situated between Oakland and Frisco at the east end of the bridge, with any luck he'll get his wish sooner than he thinks.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Windy Wilson wrote:Would body armor be then part of an offensive weapon, since it can be used to help the wearer intimidate and show power, as one becomes less vulnerable to defensive fire or defensive blows with objects?
A shield, then, is an offensive weapon, as it can be used to beat someone over the head.
Every defensive weapon can be used offensively with a little imagination.
Evil and projection are the words.
Anyone who ever played football knows that every pad is a weapon (including the helmet...unfortunately).
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
randy

Post by randy »

“A gun is an offensive weapon used to intimidate and show power,” he asserted, explaining to the audience that police officers don’t carry weapons to defend themselves, but to do their job in a “safe and effective manner.”
So, if I read this right, he thinks that the job of police is "intimidate and show power". Is he a transplant from NJ or NYFC?

Actually, I do agree in a way with the first part of that statement. My intention is to use my gun to go on the "offensive" against any attacker ASAP, to use it to "intimidate" them if possible, and to (briefly) show them the "power" I have to end their useless existences if they don't back off right the F*** now.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

As the saying goes, the best defense is a good offense.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

JustinR wrote:As the saying goes, the best defense is a good offense.
AND IT CERTAINLY BEATS CALLING 911 (which might find you dead by the time they arrive)!!!!

You MUST be able to protect yourself (and you're loved ones, since the government CERTAINLY CAN NOT)!!!

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Jered

Post by Jered »

Some should ask him if the state has a Constitutional duty to protect against criminals and madmen.

*facepalm*
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Jered wrote:Some should ask him if the state has a Constitutional duty to protect against criminals and madmen.

*facepalm*
Apparently, he has FORGOTTEN HIS CONSTITUTIONALLY SWORN DUTY to support and defend the US Constitution against ALL EMEMIES foreign AND DOMESTIC, even if that means those he kisses ass to!! Most dhimmicraps view a sworn oath as something to be sneezed at, where conservatives view it as something of importance!!!

It's too bad they can't view their oath in the same light, where they ALL view their SWORN OATH as something sacred and to be honored. It's NOT a punch-line to a joke!!

YMMV!!!