Colorado recalls both Senators in recall. Victory!

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Darrell

Re: Colorado recalls both Senators in recall. Victory!

Post by Darrell »

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

Yeah, I read of college kids turning in ballots ten at a time. It was a close run thing. Besides, Morse's district encompassed some of the least conservative neighborhoods in the area (Manitou Springs, across the south side of town and the hood).
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Yes! Fuck Yes! 8-)
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Glad it has been done.

Now wondering how many other politicians will actually take notice.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
martini

Post by martini »

First, Helly Yeah!
evan price wrote: Some will way that holding a recall election to get rid of Morse was a waste since he was term-limited to only one more year.
I say, that's the difference between "I quit" and "You're fired."
This right here! It sends a clear message that what they did was unacceptable.
Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional. — Alan Gura
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Major props given to those who led the recall efforts. It was truly grassroots. Hell, some in the GOP didn't want to get dirty by supporting it.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Darrell wrote:Major props given to those who led the recall efforts. It was truly grassroots. Hell, some in the GOP didn't want to get dirty by supporting it.
I contributed $50 to the recall campaign, and I seriously DOUBT I'm the only one who did so from out-of-state. Now they need to get those laws limiting magazines to 15 rounds rescinded. After the recall, Chickenpooper has softened his stance on gun control - which is a DAMNED GOOD THING!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

America, Fuck Yeah!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Post by Termite »

Giron's a blithering idiot. Blame's her lose on "voter suppresion". Apparently "her" voters couldn't figure out how to vote by mail......or any other method. So, she was supported by constituents too stupid to vote......or too lazy.

CNN's Brooke Baldwin shuts her down in an interview. LINK
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Termite wrote:Giron's a blithering idiot. Blame's her lose on "voter suppresion". Apparently "her" voters couldn't figure out how to vote by mail......or any other method. So, she was supported by constituents too stupid to vote......or too lazy.

CNN's Brooke Baldwin shuts her down in an interview. LINK
Voter suppression??? Hell, Pueblo had a higher turnout than did Colorado Springs. Giron lost by a much bigger margin and a bigger percentage than did Morse, and Pueblo is a heavily Democrat town. Haw haw haw.
Eppur si muove--Galileo