Fort Hood shooter sentenced to death

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Termite

Fort Hood shooter sentenced to death

Post by Termite »

A military court today sentenced Maj. Nidal Hasan to death for the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood, giving the Army psychiatrist a path to the martyrdom he appeared to crave in the attack on unarmed fellow soldiers. The same jurors who convicted Hasan last week had just two options: either agree unanimously that Hasan should die or watch the 42-year-old get an automatic sentence of life in prison with no chance of parole. Hasan could become the first American soldier executed in more than half a century. But because the military justice system requires a lengthy appeals process, years or even decades could pass before he is put to death.
LINKY

He wanted to be sentenced to death so he can be a martyr. Fair enough.

I vote for the Blackjack Pershing type. :twisted:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Netpackrat

Re: Fort Hood shooter sentenced to death

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Why waste a bullet?

Put him on a C-130 MAC flight, and somewhere over Pakistan, at 20,000 ft., drop the ramp and give him a push.
Attach a card that says "Please bury this martyr to Allah appropriately."
If God loves him enough to send angels to cushion the landing, so be it. Otherwise he's got about 60 seconds to re-think the impact of his life choices. Or just think about the impact. Win-win.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Aesop wrote:Why waste a bullet?

Put him on a C-130 MAC flight, and somewhere over Pakistan, at 20,000 ft., drop the ramp and give him a push.
If God loves him enough to send angels to cushion the landing, so be it. Otherwise he's got about 60 seconds to re-think the impact of his life choices. Or just think about the impact. Win-win.

Can we wrap him in delicious bacon first?
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Someone should have shot and killed him when he committed the crime. But I like Aesop's suggestion as the next best option.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I hink killing him is a great idea. Just use Pershing's preferred protocol.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

rightisright wrote:
Aesop wrote:Why waste a bullet?

Can we wrap him in delicious bacon first?
BACON? NO!! Rotten, spoiled ham with a pork chest/rib cage duct-taped over his head with his head INSIDE the chest cavity (hey, we're giving the guy a HELMET) would be MUCH MORE appropriate. When someone complains about "cruel and inhumane punishment", just tell them it's actually MUCH LESS cruel and inhumane than his victims experienced - so it CAN'T be THAT BAD!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Could we just identify 72 Virginians in Leavenworth and send them all to the yard with him for a "Welcome to Your Afterlife" party.

72 Virgins? I said VIRGINIANS!
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I'm pretty sure that Bradley Manning is a virgin. Didn't he decide recently that he's a girl? That's one.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Termite

Post by Termite »

PawPaw wrote:I'm pretty sure that Bradley Manning is a virgin. Didn't he decide recently that he's a girl? That's one.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."