Hillary suffering from Parkinson's?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

Re: Hillary suffering from Parkinson's?

Post by Jered »

Weetabix wrote:Here's a youtube video - a doctor remotely diagnosing her symptoms with the usual disclaimers. Lots of good details and explanation.

He says most Parkinson's sufferers die of pneumonia.
That guy did a pretty good job, I think.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

MarkD wrote: 1) Tim Keane becomes the Presidential candidate, picks a new VP candidate.

2) Dems select a new candidate (Sanders maybe?) and run.

3) Dems withdraw from election, which comes down to Trump against Johnson and any other 3rd party candidates.

4) Obama decides it's in the nations best interests to suspend the election until new primaries can be held to select a new candidate, and he will selflessly continue in office until such time (maybe 2020).

Did I miss anything?

Somehow I find 3 the least likely, and 4 the most.
Much as he might or might not want to go with option 4, if he did, it would be a race between Ft. Meyer and 8th & I to see who would get to him first. (Assuming the Secret Service detail didn't handle it in-house...) It would be either 1 or 2, with Slow-Joe Biden being the probable choice for the second scenario.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Cybrludite wrote:
MarkD wrote: 1) Tim Keane becomes the Presidential candidate, picks a new VP candidate.

2) Dems select a new candidate (Sanders maybe?) and run.

3) Dems withdraw from election, which comes down to Trump against Johnson and any other 3rd party candidates.

4) Obama decides it's in the nations best interests to suspend the election until new primaries can be held to select a new candidate, and he will selflessly continue in office until such time (maybe 2020).

Did I miss anything?

Somehow I find 3 the least likely, and 4 the most.
Much as he might or might not want to go with option 4, if he did, it would be a race between Ft. Meyer and 8th & I to see who would get to him first. (Assuming the Secret Service detail didn't handle it in-house...) It would be either 1 or 2, with Slow-Joe Biden being the probable choice for the second scenario.
I've been calling point two with Biden since last year. However crazy Bernie's placing in the primaries has thrown the monkey wrench in it all.
I am gonna ng through a lot of popcorn this election. Its been so entertaining.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MarkD wrote: 4) Obama decides it's in the nations best interests to suspend the election until new primaries can be held to select a new candidate, and he will selflessly continue in office until such time (maybe 2020).
Yeah, that's never gonna happen. They're too many factors why that this kind of thing doesn't happen here.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

But do those factors still exist functionally?

We have a very stupid, indolent, apathetic population on average. (It's deplorable, really.)

The agencies that should prevent something like this are weak, apathetic, or corrupt. I'm not sure exactly who would stop such a thing, but Congress has shown itself to lateral powers almost gleefully to the executive. SCOTUS is partisan or weak. The Executive branch works for the executive. What's left?

ETA: and he's gutted the army. Not sure what they would or should do if he extended his term. Brighter minds: enlighten me.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
BDK

Post by BDK »

That the FBI or the SS or both would immediately arrest him, and it would be legitimate grounds for TX to demand his removal or release to secede.
Rich

Post by Rich »

If option 4 is selected, POTUS would cease to be a viable executive, as he would be cowering at an undisclosed location. There would be a million or more man army out after his hide, some of who frequent this forum. And all the protection details in the world wouldn't be able to keep him alive.

This is not a threat, it is a promise. If option 4 is selected.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Did anyone hear thr Anderson Cooper post 9-11 interview with Hillary? Is it my confirmation bias, or did that not sound like her? After the WABC report of her death, Im starting to wonder if she is dead now. I will say this about this election, I am entertained.

Body double appearance? This is soviet era WTF.
https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/1996
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
g-man

Post by g-man »

slowpoke wrote:Did anyone hear thr Anderson Cooper post 9-11 interview with Hillary? Is it my confirmation bias, or did that not sound like her? After the WABC report of her death, Im starting to wonder if she is dead now. I will say this about this election, I am entertained.

Body double appearance? This is soviet era WTF.
https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/1996
That's not her voice. (edited to add) At least it doesn't sound anything like her to me. I'm no expert, but note the cases presented below: (/edited)

Known 'good' phone interview sample:
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/v ... 7556291850

Anderson Cooper Interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y03Sc0H3n8s

Note the HUGE reduction in vocal pauses, and the manner in which they occur. They sound like they're placed intentionally, as though someone is TRYING to sound like Hillary. You don't just 'get over' fall-down feinting-level pneumonia in the time between when she left the ceremony and when she pranced out to the van to head home to Chappaqua. Soviet era WTF indeed.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

The use of political decoys/body double predates the Soviet era.

At least one of Hillary's doubles wasn't in NYC yesterday, but considering people in power can have multiples (Noriega had 6), I'd not be surprised if one travels with her, maybe not in the same entourage, but at the same dertination. Bill travelled with his, why wouldn't Hillary?

And the great part about vocal doubles is they don't need to look anything like the individual they're impersonating, or even have to be where that person is. Hell, you don't even need a vocal double in certain cases; you can splice audio for a prepared statement. There's some folks who allege the CIA had the ability to do this with video images as well as far back as the fist Gulf war, and they used it in black propaganda tactics with Saddam Hussein and Osama been Laden.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia