Darrell

Re: Assassination attempt on Steve Scalise

Post by Darrell »

CNN reported that the shooter's rifle was an "SKS, an AK47 variant". :roll:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Jered

Post by Jered »

First Shirt wrote:I hate to say this, and I really hope that I'm wrong, but it looks like the Left is going to keep pushing until they get what they want. Don't think they understand what all that entails. It's not going to be pretty.

Let's hope they figure out that this is NOT a can of worms that they really want to open.
It's not a can of worms that any sane person wants to open.

These leftists don't realise that we don't want to open that can of worms and that if they keep backing us into a corner like they try to do, we will eventually have no choice but to open that can of worms.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

skb12172 wrote:They won't. They are doubling down.

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/nat ... -1.3247736
Didn't TJIC get all his guns and his right to blog taken away for a milder comment along these lines?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

No idea. Anyone else know?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I was understating. I tend to do that.

After the Kathy Gifford shooting, he posted something like 1 down, 438 to go. He was referring to all of Congress. The guy in your link appears to be specifying R's.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

All true. I wonder if they will crack down on this asshat?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Greg wrote:Doesn't sound like an assassination attempt on any one guy. Sounds like an attempted massacre like what that guy Breivik did at the summer camp.
He specifically asked which congressional team was practicing before he started shooting. He knew it was Republican congress-critters on the field when he opened up on them. That's an assassination attempt in my book.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Cybrludite wrote:
Greg wrote:Doesn't sound like an assassination attempt on any one guy. Sounds like an attempted massacre like what that guy Breivik did at the summer camp.
He specifically asked which congressional team was practicing before he started shooting. He knew it was Republican congress-critters on the field when he opened up on them. That's an assassination attempt in my book.
My point was, he wasn't targeting Scalise specifically. He was a mass shooter, who wanted to kill Republicans. There's a difference. It was an attempted massacre, on as large a scale as he could manage, with only his incompetence combined with bravery and skill from guys who only had pistols preventing that.

So it seems the thread title is a little bit misleading, and (IMO) downplays the sheer evil involved.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Fort Sumter has been fired upon, by the Free Shit Army.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Jered

Post by Jered »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:Fort Sumter has been fired upon, by the Free Shit Army.
I wouldn't call it that, yet.

I'd liken it more to John Brown's raid on Harper's ferry or the caning of Charles Sumner.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.