Trump Throws Base Under Bus. Bans Bump Stocks.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Trump Throws Base Under Bus. Bans Bump Stocks.

Post by skb12172 »

There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
randy

Re: Trump Throws Base Under Bus. Bans Bump Stocks.

Post by randy »

This is my shocked face....not.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Nothing has been finialed yet so it could just be a bunch of smoke. If they do go after bump stocks without actually creating any new legislation they will have a hard time if there are any court challenges.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

It could get weird a few ways. First and foremost, the bumpstock doesn't change the operation. One pull, one shot. You can bump fire with a belt loop and a finger. Will they ban that too? Will the bumpstock ban open the machine gun registry? If so, I should get a dozen....

ETA- trumps base always was LibProgs. He just changed his stripes for the election.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Steamforger wrote:
ETA- trumps base always was LibProgs. He just changed his stripes for the election.
Yes, this. Hopefully this is not the camel's nose under the tent. He has been signaling to the Left constantly that he wants to move left and make deals and they have foolishly gone all "resistance" and such. We will see if they figure it out.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

during the BATF comment period on their 'changing regs to ban bump stocks' one of the largest concerns was that it wouldn't be just a simple ban on certain stocks but a performance based ban on any modifications. Things like lighter trigger pulls, changing triggers or springs, putting in a lightweight BCG to reduce cycle time, even putting superslick oil on the trigger could all 'increase the cyclic rate of a firearm' and cause it to be declared a machine gun.

You know they're going to try...
BDK

Post by BDK »

Or, say, practice? Some/most of us would suddenly have illegal fingers...
Rod

Post by Rod »

Report from BATFE. Jerry Miculek's fingers are now banned as being a modification that creates machine guns from any gun he touches.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist