Trump explained?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
g-man

Re: Trump explained?

Post by g-man »

PawPaw wrote:
Kommander wrote:Paw paw to be fair to congress it's tough to get much of anything through the threat of a presidential veto when you don't have a super majority.
Pass good legislation and let him veto it. Harry Reid didn't have any trouble going nuclear when he had a small margin and MItch (hack, spit) McConnell suddenly wants to play by the rules? He's worthless as tits on a boar-hog.

At least then, Congress could say, rightly, that they're passing good legislation and the obstructionist Democrat president is vetoing it. I'd send him a bill a week and let him veto every one of them. I'm not even sure at this point, are we operating on a budget or a continuing resolution? Google doesn't help me after three whiskys.
This. In. Effing. Spades. Both the 'make the President veto everything' and the Whisk(e)y. A plague on both the houses.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

The key is to pass appropriation and authorization bills in order of need...and one at a time. The headache is that continuing resolutions are very attractive vehicles for pork-barrel spending (why the Confederate Constitution banned them).
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

SoupOrMan wrote:Do you all remember how Rush Limbaugh hyped his "Operation Chaos" BS-ery to force Obama to spend more money on the primary by getting enough voters to keep Hillary running in 2008?

Now imagine if it was run with the object of getting the best opposition possible for the Democrats come the general election as opposed to just slowing down a nominee?

Yeah.

Thanks, Rush!
I don't think Rush invented it, he merely described it and gave it a catchy name. The Dems are the ones who have pressed for open primaries, so they can cross over and vote for the opponent of their choice.
Mike OTDP wrote:The key is to pass appropriation and authorization bills in order of need...and one at a time. The headache is that continuing resolutions are very attractive vehicles for pork-barrel spending (why the Confederate Constitution banned them).
Wow. another stopped-clock example.

And Ben Franklin said, "Three People can keep a secret if two of them are dead", which today is "Three people can keep a secret if two of them are Clintons (and the third believes the Pravda).
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

This is perhaps the most awesome thing I have seen all day:

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Netpackrat wrote:This is perhaps the most awesome thing I have seen all day:

That's rich. :lol:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

That is funny as hell. Back when we lived in Colville, WA on a fairly steep city street, we would pile all the leaves from the yard in the street for pickup. One year some teenagers decided it would be fun to run through the massive pile with their vehicle. On the second or third time, my dad piled some cinder blocks in the middle of the pile, and it ripped their exhaust and muffler off. They didn't do that again.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I've heard of decoy mailboxes filles with concrete done by individuals who had repeatedly suffered from mailbox baseball.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

My former girlfriend's father used to put out a display of haybales, corn stalks, pumpkins etc for halloween/fall. He got tired of teenagers running across the lawn and kicking the pumpkins, so he got some pumpkin stems and made his own, out of concrete, using those plastic jack o' lanterns the kids use for trick or treating as molds, painted orange. Kid tried to kick THAT and probably broke his foot.
randy

Post by randy »

:lol:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".