Are pics deleted from old topics?

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
wjhpc

Are pics deleted from old topics?

Post by wjhpc »

Hello. I am interested in below topic as I have the same Mauser fail to fire issue. The pics referenced in the post no longer appear, and they would be of great help in following the posts. Are they to be found anywhere, or lost in space now?

thanks,

Jim

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1590&hilit=mauser+1914
randy

Re: Are pics deleted from old topics?

Post by randy »

I don't believe we delete photos from the GC server (i.e. the photos actually uploaded to the GC server).

However, many of the photos in posts are actually linked to other sites and those do disappear from time to time. The photo links in the referenced post all seem to point to a .edu domain that we have no control over, and it's possible they have been deleted or the links reorganized since 2008.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Re: Are pics deleted from old topics?

Post by Netpackrat »

Dang, that thread was a trip down memory lane. I know what happened to the one guy, but I wonder about the other two.

Edit to add; checked his profile, and it says EO was logged in just the other day, so apparently he's still around. Since it was his thread, he may still have the pics. Maybe rattle his cage a little and he might de-lurk.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop