closed forum

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
Netpackrat

closed forum

Post by Netpackrat »

So, is it going to remain this way indefinitely? Or will it eventually be opened back up so that it can be read by non-members or without logging in?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Re: closed forum

Post by Precision »

Netpackrat wrote:So, is it going to remain this way indefinitely? Or will it eventually be opened back up so that it can be read by non-members or without logging in?
I kinda like it this way. member count is up although very few new posters.

Why not keep it this way?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Because it makes it harder to link friends to threads and say "Check out this motherfucker"? :mrgreen:

Seriously though, while it got lurkers to register, it does nothing to attract new lurkers.
JAE

Post by JAE »

Exclusivity is nice and all, but if it stays closed, it will stagnate.
Seriously though, while it got lurkers to register, it does nothing to attract new lurkers.
Beat me to it and summarized it better...
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Agreed. Better if it is open.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Fixed it!

I had to figure out which of the apparently seventy different ways to do it CC used and undo it.

CC had said it was a temporary measure, I'm confident its been long enough.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jericho941 wrote:Because it makes it harder to link friends to threads and say "Check out this motherfucker"? :mrgreen:
Pretty much this. Thanks.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

I used to bookmark "View active topics" to check in throughout the day. That doesn't seem to work anymore without being logged in.

I usually wouldn't log in unless I was posting. Sometimes pictures wouldn't show unless I was logged in also.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I still get the "you don't have permission" screen when I click my link to view active topics. I just log in, so it doesn't stop me, but it's still there at least for me.

ETA: I'm just adding a diagnostic data point, not complaining.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Yeah, "active topics" appears to only be available with login.