Is there hope for subscription emails

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
FelixEstrella

Is there hope for subscription emails

Post by FelixEstrella »

That whole "polling" thing doesn't work for me too well.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
FelixEstrella

Re: Is there hope for subscription emails

Post by FelixEstrella »

Not to be snarky (or unappreciative), but it's been over a week .....
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

CByrneIV wrote:Not to be testy, but is there some part of "we're working on it" that was unclear?
Perhaps what Mr. Estrella meant was (and please forgive me, Felix, if I speak out of turn):
We eagerly anticipate an update on your efforts to date that we might commisserate with you in the event of seemingly insurmountable odds or share with you the anticipated joy of ultimate victory.
:)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
princewally

Post by princewally »

FelixEstrella wrote:Not to be snarky (or unappreciative), but it's been over a week .....
A week is no time at all, for an unpaid project.
I support rehabilitation through reincarnation. -TechBrute

My Blog
Blog #2: LRN
MN carry permit training
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

princewally wrote:
FelixEstrella wrote:Not to be snarky (or unappreciative), but it's been over a week .....
A week is no time at all, for an unpaid project.
Especially one that's technical in nature and they'd rather find what wrong without taking down the whole site, so it requires quite a bit of poking around, going through all the settings and finding what MAY be the problem but they won't know until they stop and restart the service - and THAT might have it's own set of problems, depending on what's been done beforehand.

I haven't relied on subscription emails since we changed over, where before I LOVED getting them because I then had a copy of what was said, and it came in handy MANY times.

We all have full-time jobs and do this as an aside when we have time. We (the administrators) all have a certain LIMITED amount of time we can dedicate to the site and do so because it's something we enjoy and believe in. When the time comes that this site brings in enough revenue that we can all quit our jobs and work from laptops on the beach, is the time we'd probably all leave our day jobs and work here full-time. I know *I* can't afford it, especially not with my wife's medical bills.

So, it's a matter of priority.

Put us all in guns and ammo for at least a year and we can talk about scheduling. 8-) :mrgreen:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Bump.
Blogspot
picsig
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Impatient bastige.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Drone 7 of lots more

Post by Drone 7 of lots more »

And while y'all are at it, ya need to get crackin on smoothing out the bumps in my free Rocky Road...

:lol:
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Sorry guys, we just have not gotten to it yet, the holidays and other personal things have been causing interference.

Believe me, I am a sucker for my notification emails, as well as making attachments (yea, others can, but as a superuser I cannot) for the demotivator thread.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Not that I've fully adjusted yet, but I've been coming to the site, hitting "User Control Panel" then "Manage Subscriptions." I can see what's happened in the threads I'm watching that way.

And thanks CC for hosting us. As they say, "The amazing thing about a dancing bear is not how well he dances, but that he dances at all."
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D