Forum Issues

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Forum Issues

Post by Combat Controller »

Thanks everyone for your patience, we have had a couple of serious issues lately. One, we need to move to a new server, the old one is... old and hosed. BUT! There is a software incompatibility between the old and the new forum software which requires developer intervention. We are working on a solution. I may put a paypal button up for donations if it becomes necessary.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
308Mike

Re: Forum Issues

Post by 308Mike »

CombatController wrote:Thanks everyone for your patience, we have had a couple of serious issues lately. One, we need to move to a new server, the old one is... old and hosed. BUT! There is a software incompatibility between the old and the new forum software which requires developer intervention. We are working on a solution. I may put a paypal button up for donations if it becomes necessary.
I'll keep an eye out for it, please make it large enough to be noticeable. ;) ;)

Do you care to share the stats on the databases for the curious technically inclined? They've gotta' be huge.

EDIT: When I looked earlier, it wasn't showing up at the top of the posts, but now I see it is.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Thanks for the save, let us know if we can assist
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Ben Rumson

Post by Ben Rumson »

I only saw this post out of an exuberance to scroll down on "Active Topics".

I couldn't ping last time we went down.

Whats the issue? NIC, main board, OS, host server for VM, pass-through module, imbedded enclosure switch, some dummy moved a cable? Inquiry minds want to know. :P ;)
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

The size of our databases might appear to be an issue, but we aren't sure yet as none of the testing has been done using our current-sized DBs. We're still testing, and prefer (if we can) to keep our databases intact without pruning - and we are STILL hopeful once we get the right technicians on the problem(s).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Yeah, I need to get more of you guys involved, my time has not been that free lately. Who knows, we may have to try a different software.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Glad you're back. I was thinking that those major explosions at the Fiesta must have shaken something loose on the server...
FastRope71

Post by FastRope71 »

Denis wrote:Glad you're back. I was thinking that those major explosions at the Fiesta must have shaken something loose on the server...
OH yeah, It's a given. :D
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed