Exceeded attempts at login?

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
workinwifdakids

Re: Exceeded attempts at login?

Post by workinwifdakids »

CByrneIV wrote:
Denis wrote:
CByrneIV wrote:these are the answers it is configured to accept (not in any particular order): ...
And what about us furriners? We don't got no amendment.

I suppose I better not get myself locked out 8-)

Ahh, but the question is nationality specific "what protects the right to keep and bear arms federally in the U.S."
Also unacceptable answers:

Me
God
Well-armed patriots
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I typed in Obama and the computer froze up and then imploded.
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

Yeah. Once I learned to spell 'amendment' correctly, I had no trouble logging in. :oops:
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

CByrneIV wrote:
Denis wrote:
CByrneIV wrote:these are the answers it is configured to accept (not in any particular order): ...
And what about us furriners? We don't got no amendment.

I suppose I better not get myself locked out 8-)

Ahh, but the question is nationality specific "what protects the right to keep and bear arms federally in the U.S."
It still woudn't hurt to get your own amendment for where you live, though ;) .

I wondered what was going on, as I am regularly logged in automatically at my work computer, but on the home computer I either exceed my log in attempts on the first attempt, or I somehow get automatically logged out between the logged in screen and the sub forums. :?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Is there a reduced time to stay logged on when idle now? I just went through a cycle of login attempts at home (last logins were at work); it kept rejecting the added type-in which I know was correct but who knows, maybe I typo'd the password. I went away for a few minutes then tried again and finally got logged on, read a few boards, started a new post in Random and got sidetracked for a while.

When I got back, I finished the post and submitted, it told me I had to be logged in and took me to the login screen. Lost the post and had to log in again (but it didn't require the extra entry this time).
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Not at that time; I use Firefox to remember and reopen tabs but I never leave TGC open at work for obvious reasons and it doesn't come up there automatically. This was at home, and the home Firefox is shut down when I'm not on the computer (my wife's) because I kind of have too many tabs and windows pop open and it slows her machine down ;).

Oh well, hopefully just a passing problem. Today I got logged on the first attempt with no extra steps needed.