What's the "time out" period when you're logged in?

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
Termite

What's the "time out" period when you're logged in?

Post by Termite »

Recently I prepared a rather lengthy post in a thread. I was at work, and had to pause several times to address work issues while writing it. When I finally finished the post, I submitted it, and apparently I was "timed out". I lost everything. What's the timeout period?

Next time I'll know to "copy" before posting........ :x
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
FelixEstrella

Re: What's the "time out" period when you're logged in?

Post by FelixEstrella »

That's how long you have to stay in your room before you're allowed to post a rant. ;-)
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Termite, are you on DSL?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Termite

Post by Termite »

Mike,

It's a microwave station-to-station link, till it hits the beach. After that, I think it's a dedicated standard DSL line to the Houston office, then company firewall, then a T1 line out to the WWW.

If the microwave link loses signal for a few seconds, I guess that might make the Forum software log me out.........
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

That's happened to me on other forums.
Now I write the whole post in my word processor then copy and past to the forum. That way I can save it to my local hard-drive to post other places or just look at it once in a while to wonder at my eloquent elucidation. ;)
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?