Testing the changes in several browsers

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
randy

Re: Testing the changes in several browsers

Post by randy »

I'm using the subsilver2 scheme (as I always have) and don't have any problems with colors. The only real noticeable change to me is the disappearance of the quick reply box (which I don't miss, didn't bother me either).
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

I am not seeing the quick reply box that was at bottom of page. This may have been discussed already and it flew by me or I am just not looking very good for it.

On Fire fox here. Subsilver II.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

I haven't checked it out on the new theme, but my BB Peal worked well w. the old forum, while my new BB.. er, something or other, requires switching to "column view."
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Fivetoes wrote:I am not seeing the quick reply box that was at bottom of page. This may have been discussed already and it flew by me or I am just not looking very good for it.
The quick reply box sucked ass, and was removed.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Denis

Post by Denis »

Denis wrote:
CByrneIV wrote:Any other changes people really hate?
Maybe it's a problem with the blue-to-the-core theme, but hyperlinks (dark blue) are still virtually indistinguishable from normal text (black). Any way to put them in a contrasting colour, as before?
OK, I have switched from the AeroRed scheme to the Subsilver. Now things are looking a lot cleaner and better, and I can actually see the hyperlinks again.
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

Denis wrote:
CByrneIV wrote:Any other changes people really hate?
Maybe it's a problem with the blue-to-the-core theme, but hyperlinks (dark blue) are still virtually indistinguishable from normal text (black). Any way to put them in a contrasting colour, as before?
[strike]Yes, I agree that hyperlinks are extremely difficult to distinguish from text.[/strike]

I apologize. I didn't read the cosmetic thread first.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
Bob K

Post by Bob K »

I'm running Firefox 3.6.3 on Windows XP. All is well.
"Youth and skill are no match for age and treachery." Unknown

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

"Oderint dum metuant." ("Let them hate, so long as they fear.") Accius
Denis

Post by Denis »

Chris,

one thing I've noticed (but I think it was also a bit flaky before the board upgrade) is picture attachments. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how and when they show up either as links or as images.

Look at this post, for example; I set all the picture attachments to appear "inline", but only the first one does, and the others are links...

I'm baffled.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Wow, this must be the longest post in this forum without a thread jack....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Denis

Post by Denis »

CByrneIV wrote:If the picture is more than 800 pixels in any dimension, it will not appear inline. If the metadata of the picture doesnt include the resolution, or the image type tag, it will not appear inline. If the filename has any characters the PHP engine doesn't like, it will not appear inline. If the extension doesn't match the metadata tag (case sensitive) it won't appear inline. If the picture is anything other than a .gif .png .jpg, or .bmp it will not appear inline.
Well, I'm wiser now. Thanks, Chris!

Now, back to our discussion of Cloggies vs. Pirates.