Wiki

princewally

Re: Wiki

Post by princewally »

Are you thinking about a CMS front end, like the gunthing site has? I've got all of the articles(except the news category) from that site, and permission to repost almost all of it. I can put it in the wiki, or it can go into the front-end, if you're doing something for the front end.
I support rehabilitation through reincarnation. -TechBrute

My Blog
Blog #2: LRN
MN carry permit training
randy

Post by randy »

I've got the first 2 entries up

AR-15_Informational_Sites_and_Resources

Browning_Hi_Power_Informational_Sites

As well as having created the first 2 categories, Handguns and Rifles

And can may I humbly suggest that we officially name it "The Book of Armaments", although this may qualify as a "new testament". 8-)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

OK, I MAY have gone a LITTLE nuts in populating the Book Of Armaments. ;)

IF it happens to come up though, I have made a large effort to only bring in stuff from the GT Wiki that I was the original author for. In many cases it was copied from my orginal drafts on my hard drive, not off the site. In a couple of cases I removed large chunks of articles because they had been added by someone else later.

I have not, and will not bring over stuff written by other folks such as SeekHer and Chris without direct, explicit permission to do so. For instance I have not brought over the "Scourge of Homies everywhere" even though I posted it to the GT Wiki, but I was not the original author. (but I do thing that needs to be saved for posterity!).

Basically, I'm trying to avoid even the appearance of violating some interpretations of Copyright and Fair Use.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Among other things.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

I understand. Just trying to keep the drama down during the transition period, unless or until we really need to push something.
randy

Post by randy »

Are we going to be able to have a direct link to the Wiki from the top of the Forum pages?
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Okay, I've given the editor built into the wiki a needed injection of "stop sucking so damn much."

Let me know if it breaks horribly.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Can we see to maybe getting a template for charts like the Shot Sizes etc that was just posted...Sort of like a table in Word that info can be pasted to instead of having to add ...after every object to get the damn things to align properly...It would be useful for the forum as well...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Grunt Medic 1-141 IN

Post by Grunt Medic 1-141 IN »

Hi Chris - you've seen me post to your and Kim's blogs before, under this or similar handles - I'm very interested in participating in this project.

As I was just brought on as A TXARNG Battalion's Small Arms Master Gunner, I am interested in contributing, current, non-classified information on US weapons.

Should be fun!
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Welcome aboard Grunt Medic!

We now have, thanks to John, a table for the Wiki and it works real well...Is there one available for the Forum?

Would you know of some program that will allow booklists to be included easier---Just first name, Last name and Title--would that program you have for your bedside booklist work...It's a real pain to place spacers (.....) after the names when I convert them from Access and or Excel...The table doesn't work that good with long Titles!

Have we found a new texting for the URL where we don't have to change the first ] to = and put the ] in front of the displayed name--[spoiler]like we had on The Gun Thing...[/spoiler] and do we really need this spoiler thingee...

I'm having great trouble getting the List, List= and [*][/b] to work properly...Is there some easy method to learn it and is it really necessary... :geek:

Can we get an alignment table, you know right, center, left and maybe justified...

The other couple of things that's getting to me is the vast amount of almost non discernable colour variations on the side; could we not just have a dozen, most frequently used and 2nd is the font size that goes from regular to large without an intermediate font size between…

Regular.....Large.....Huge
We need something between Regular and large and large and huge as well as between
Regular.....small....tiny
Regular and small and between small and tiny (which is far too small too read!
Maybe increase or decrease the sizes listed...
Regular.....Large.....Huge
I just changed the size from 150 to 125 and 200 to 175
Regular.....small....tiny
and 85 to 90 and 50 to 70
Is there some way of permanently fixing those sizes or inserting other ones in between?
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!