Themes

princewally

Re: Themes

Post by princewally »

The default themes are far too common, and most custom themes try to move things around to much, making it hard to use. The themes also tend to break any customization you do to PHPBB.

I like AeroRed.
I support rehabilitation through reincarnation. -TechBrute

My Blog
Blog #2: LRN
MN carry permit training
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Of the three defaults, I like subsilver2 the best, as I don't like a lot of contrast and dark colors; makes a thread hard to read.

I also like SimpleLight.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
clyde621

Post by clyde621 »

I vote keep it simple ;)
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.
Theodore Roosevelt
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

Subsilver appears to be the theme that arizonashooting has been using since the last upgrade. Looks better than prosilver. Hard to see the color difference between read and unread topics though on some LCD screens.

AeroRed is a but um, RED. It's also not full screen width which is a disadvantage.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

The current theme looks fine to me, but, I can't really see red or green, so it might look funny to others.

Beyond sticking with AeroRed, you could try another color Aero, or Brushed Metal II (on phpbb3styles) looks pretty good.
stopgo

Post by stopgo »

From someone who's felt the frustration elsewhere, the subSilver-based themes can be pretty tricky when it comes time to install/upgrade MODs (=enhancements) to the forums. proSilver is the official standard for phpBB so it might be wise to stick to proSilver-based themes as all MODs will be guaranteed to work with them right out of the box.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

No Hello Kitty?!?!?!
That's discrimination right there :lol:

Honestly, I don't care. I like it simple
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I haven't been able to find a theme I like better than this one, so I vote for this one. Even if it's really really red.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

I am using the sub silver as the default theme over-flowed my screen.
ButchS1066

Post by ButchS1066 »

Currently using the default AeroRed theme, which isn't bad. I really liked the "Developer" theme back at Gunthing, though I haven't found anything similar at the sites Chris linked.
Life is short, ammo is expendable. Empty the mag.