Chris banned permanently.

Combat Controller
Site Admin

Chris banned permanently.

Post by Combat Controller »

It is with great sadness that Chris Byrne has been banned and is no longer welcome at the the guncounter. He has betrayed the trust of the community and several members personally. He was given multiple opportunities to make right or to come clean and he has failed at every stage. It is with a heavy heart that this step is taken.

As principled individuals we need to stand for what is right and Chris no longer stood there. Without going into detail Chris has abused his friendship with a number of members and his power as an administrator.

There are a number of financial irregularities and I urge our members to think carefully before committing a financial transaction with him.

When he eventually reads this post he will know he was warned and had every opportunity. Please don't try and come back Chris, you are no longer welcome.

CC
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Yogimus

Re: Chris banned permanently.

Post by Yogimus »

:shock:

Now that I no longer have admin support, I would like to deeply apologize for any that I have offended, from the bottom of my cowardice.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

You didn't just ban him... It appears at a glance that you deleted his account entirely, along with anything he ever posted. Was that really necessary? I know about maybe a small portion of what led to this, and while I understand why a banning might have been seen as necessary, I think it's bad for the group in general to erase a member as though he never existed. Let alone a founding member.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Zoiks! :shock:
And the forums are now invisible to non-members.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Fuck. And I was just browsing some more, and with Chris' posts being removed entirely, there are tons of threads broken and/or that make no sense. Particularly in the Admin section with the rules, announcements, etc. Brilliant move, that.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Netpackrat wrote:You didn't just ban him... It appears at a glance that you deleted his account entirely, along with anything he ever posted. Was that really necessary? I know about maybe a small portion of what led to this, and while I understand why a banning might have been seen as necessary, I think it's bad for the group in general to erase a member as though he never existed. Let alone a founding member.
It was not only warranted it was long overdue.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Well shit , what happened CC , umm generally.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

What the heck is going on?

He has always been upright with my dealings with him and his family. Had no inkling at all that this was on the horizon.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

arctictom wrote:Well shit , what happened CC , umm generally.
For one a number of mods are personally out of pocket covering his debts for work never performed to members who came to us for help in solving it (totally our decision). Don't get me started on guns never returned to their owners. Our integrity and honor as a group have been besmirched and I am sick of it. I can't believe I let it go on this long.

That's just the tip of the iceberg.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

CombatController wrote:It was not only warranted it was long overdue.
Okay, but is somebody else now doing all the technical support that Chris used to do, and is somebody going to fix all the site announcements, policies, etc? I'm not necessarily upset that you had to do this, but I do think you bungled the implementation severely. We've had users perma-banned before, without the need for such a drastic action. It's also far from the first time a forum has had to ban an admin, and it's still not the way it's usually done.

The donations that were collected this year for domain renewal... Did they get used for that purpose?