Chris banned permanently.

Netpackrat

Re: Chris banned permanently.

Post by Netpackrat »

Weetabix wrote: I don't know of your personal dealings with Kim and Connie, and I'm not going to ask.
Virtually all of my dealings with them took place on the open forum, or in blog comments. If I had to guess at what pissed him off, I'd say it was my comments in response to his blog gloating over the charges that were brought against Ted Stevens. As we know now, those turned out to be false, and politically motivated, but they were instrumental in getting Alaska to send the deciding vote for Obamacare to the Senate.
But I will say that Connie wrote me personally around that time and warned me about continuing involvement with Chris. She didn't give details, but she said they had been wronged in some fashion by him. (ETA - I only just rememberd that email when you mentioned them.) She had only good things to say about CC.
As I said, my issues with those two were my own, and had nothing to do with Chris. Considering the messenger, I probably would have ignored any such warning had I received it.
I subscribe to the old idea that holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
My dad used to say something very like that too. But he followed it with the observation that payback is another matter. :lol: Not that his qualifying statement is really applicable here (although funny), since everybody involved is lessened by the situation.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Old Grafton wrote:And contact Highspeed.

A couple of us are in contact with Highspeed on Facebook. Chris wasn't the reason he left. It was because of disputes with another currently active member. I'll just leave it at that. The identity is unimportant.

As for Chris, yeah, things haven't added up for awhile. The first time my radar alarm went off was when they lost the girls. Things like that do not generally happen in family court to women. If anyone was going to get screwed like that, it would generally be a man, and even then the circumstances just didn't seem…right.

The IRS thing also sounded some alarms.

I wish him well. I personally got along with him once I stopped debating with him and stopped obviously having a different, strong opinion. I limited our interactions to asking questions as to why he thought as he did, or asking him to elaborate regarding his views on a topic where I held a different opinion.

One thing that makes sense to me now, is that previous thread from earlier this year, wondering why the forum had gotten so much smaller.
Last edited by skb12172 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote:Virtually all of my dealings with them took place on the open forum, or in blog comments.
Somebody once told me that I make a perfect confidante because I forget non-technical things so quickly. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Highspeed's gone because he went full Michael Richards.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Jericho941 wrote:Highspeed's gone because he went full Michael Richards.
We need to have a wake for these past members, drink a brew, and move on. They are all respected, few are even missed, but the world changes. I suppose that is what this is.

Also, Jericho, blease define that reference, i hav da dumb.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Yeah, but when I asked him to come back a couple of months ago, he said, "Not as long as that douchebag SOB <fill in the blank> is there. If he leaves or gets banned, let me know."
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Yogimus wrote:
We need to have a wake for these past members, drink a brew, and move on. They are all respected, few are even missed, but the world changes. I suppose that is what this is.

Also, Jericho, blease define that reference, i hav da dumb.

This will get you started. "Kramer" was doing standup and went batshit crazy on a couple of hecklers. Racist things were said. On video. It didn't help his already floundering career.

LINK
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

These <anonymous> accusations are fucking with my self centered paranoid world view.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

It wasn't you, Yogi.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

I've been wondering for quit a while when this would happen. C'est la vie.
I'll still hang around, at least untill you kick yogi out.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop