Chris banned permanently.

Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: Chris banned permanently.

Post by Combat Controller »

We are at $1105 in the domain renewal thread so far and we are renewed up to June of 2015. so... minus the $15 where did the other $1095 we know about get off to? I know it was actually much more because some contributors have not posted yet whom have talked to me so far.

This is just the public stuff that is getting aired out about Chris Byrne and the money sent to him personally on behalf of our forum. So for those on this thread who think I did Chris a bad turn just take a good look and ask yourself if this is the actions of an honorable man.

I suspect it really was a road to hell situation but he never tried to pull up after repeated chances. Heck even Precision is feeling bad about wanting an explanation and a payment plan.

BTW Precision, did he ever send you the 625 that used to belong to Kim? He had told me earlier that he had sold it when I offered him money for it but in a later email he claimed he was holding it in his hands and was going to "send it to you, swear to god!".

Just curious.

Overall though I will say you are all a generous bunch of heavily armed folks! You all did the right thing and don't feel bad that he didn't.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

You did the right thing, CC. And thanks for all you do here.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the hunt!
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Combat, you don't really have to justify anything anymore. We believe you, and trust your judgement.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

CC - I seem to remember Doc Russia was going through a tough patch. I don't remember the details. Do tell him he's in our thoughts, though.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I suspect it really was a road to hell situation but he never tried to pull up after repeated chances.
this.

The first rule of holes is stop digging

(i.e fess up. stop spending more than every dime you take in, stop covering up the mess of open/incomplete actions you've taken on yourself, stop making additional committments/falling further behind etc).

desperate people do desperate things.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

1. Thanks to all the moderators who do all of the various stuff you do.

2. I will not say, "I told you so" for the very simple reason that I never told anyone anything. In general though this does speak to my self imposed rule that I keep my digital life (limited that it is is) entirely separate from my analog life.

3. There have been enough WTF things going on with his life (as narrated by him) to raise a lot of red flags, so I don't find it all that surprising.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I try to get my digital and analog life as connected as possible. If I put them together, I have almost enough for half a real life. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

CombatController wrote:I hate to tip the apple cart and run but Doc Russia and I are headed to Scotland for a hunting trip this afternoon so I will be largely out of touch with y'all. I am working on getting a backup to Bobby and see if we can't restore the posts but not the poster....

I will check in when I can and sorry about the bad timing. But when you hit that threshold ya hit it.
If he's going to play games with the domain, he'll probably do it while you are out of the loop.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

CombatController wrote:
BTW Precision, did he ever send you the 625 that used to belong to Kim? He had told me earlier that he had sold it when I offered him money for it but in a later email he claimed he was holding it in his hands and was going to "send it to you, swear to god!".

Just curious.

Overall though I will say you are all a generous bunch of heavily armed folks! You all did the right thing and don't feel bad that he didn't.
That would be a HUGE NO. The funny thing is, now he lives roughly 90 minutes from my house with Bobby Kuzma (hope I am spelling that correctly).
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
BobbyK

Post by BobbyK »

You are correct in the spelling. I'm staying out of this, other than to attempt to rig a selective restore of the deleted database content.