10 years as a community

Lokidude

Re: 10 years as a community

Post by Lokidude »

Outlasted my first marriage, too. I still remember when I found you nutcases, right around September of 04.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

I'm getting the impression this forum may not be the best place for married guys to hang out. :?
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Rod

Post by Rod »

Durham68 wrote:I'm getting the impression this forum may not be the best place for married guys to hang out. :?
Nah, some of us are stable enough or cowed enough to stay married more than a few months. :lol:
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Would that not depend on the marriage?

Never a dull moment around here, and a good place to ask questions.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Durham68 wrote:I'm getting the impression this forum may not be the best place for married guys to hang out. :?
Au contraire! This is a great spot for married men to hang out. Several of us have been married for our whole tenure at this forum, most of us to the same woman. I, for one, have been married longer than the 10 years this forum has been in existence. I admit that I was single while I was hanging out at KdT's forum, but that wasn't Kim's fault.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Cheers, gentlemen. :)

I saw KdT's pussification of the western male essay linked over at Instapundit comments yesterday. 2003, IIRC; his influence still lingers.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
randy

Post by randy »

I dunno. Only been 27 years. Have to wait to see how it works out in the long term.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

randy wrote:
I dunno. Only been 27 years. Have to wait to see how it works out in the long term.
15 here in November, and they said it wouldn't last!
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

A decade we've been together here? It's hard to believe. Outlasted my first marriage too. I've been here through the absolute best times in my life and the absolute worst, and you guys have always been here for me. As much as we irritate each other sometimes, y'all are family to me, brothers all. To Chris and the mods who made sure we all made it over and got this thing off the ground, and work to make this community happen every day, you have my humble gratitude.

To another ten!
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
Jered

Post by Jered »

Wow.

Ten years.

Go us.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.