It's that time again... Guncounter domain renewal donations

Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: It's that time again... Guncounter domain renewal donati

Post by Combat Controller »

And please once you donate post here the amount so once we hit the target we can stop soliciting donations.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Looking into this - ideally, TGC would have its own "Paypalish" account, which could be posted on the website, somewhere - essentially, making the financials public, as all non-profit financials are supposed to be - or, at least, public to the membership. - Could be a use for this in general, really.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Rod

Post by Rod »

I have to wait until mid next week but I'll throw 20 bucks or so in the pot then. Can't let this place fade away or I'd have nowhere to go.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

CByrneIV wrote:
Aglifter wrote:Looking into this - ideally, TGC would have its own "Paypalish" account, which could be posted on the website, somewhere - essentially, making the financials public, as all non-profit financials are supposed to be - or, at least, public to the membership. - Could be a use for this in general, really.

If someone wants to pay for the initiation and ongoing paperwork etc... On either a trust or a 501 class.... I'm fine with that. But that's a lot more overhead and BS.

By a lot more I mean a couple thousand a year minimum, as we would need to have outside counsel, an auditor, and a general liability cert. I haven't run the numbers recently, but I did when we first set things up. I'll check it out again and update this weekend or next week.

This was one of the issues that caused the first set of forums to go poof, which was why I funded the site entirely out of my pocket until the cancer and multiple layoffs put me under... And actually for the year after that until mid 2012.

Most of that isn't necessary for a small non-profit. We would just be a c7. (Social organization)

The liability cost may be there, but with zero employees and no marketplace place involvement shouldn't be too bad.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Something along these lines needs to knocked up for forums, regardless - just to avoid estate tax concerns, etc on the larger forums.

randy

Post by randy »

Certainly sounds something worth pursuing. If nothing else at least in researching what it will actually entail so we have a firm concept based on current conditions.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I'll hit the jar on the next pay day.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I'm good for $25. In fact, I'll probably hit you with $25 a few times over the next few months, if the tip jar is going to stay open. Other than Facebook or if I'm buying something, this is about the only site I visit on the Intarwebz, anymore…

I don't do Paypal, but I could do debit/credit or snail mail you a money order. What do you suggest?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

CByrneIV wrote:
Aglifter wrote:Something along these lines needs to knocked up for forums, regardless - just to avoid estate tax concerns, etc on the larger forums.

I agree with that... Just to avoid the kind of thing that happened with Oleg and THR/TFL.
Exactly. Even though some of the larger forums, such as SigForum, have no advertisers, I suspect a significant value will be attached to them by the IRS.

Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I like this idea, AG, lets talk and make this happen. I've already paid for the hosting till the end of the year
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.