It's that time again... Guncounter domain renewal donations

Aglifter

Re: It's that time again... Guncounter domain renewal donati

Post by Aglifter »

No prob. Bouncing some ideas off other lawyers - might not need to worry about liability insurance - a non-profit forum should be fairly judgment proof, unless insurance is required to maintain the veil.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Chris, put me down for $100. Send me an email at my normal email address with a mailing address to send the check.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Groovy , nicely done gentlemen.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

It DTs were always a bit... over-ambitious about things. The auditors, etc are all unnecessary for small organizations - it wouldn't hurt to have a CPA, if we have any, do the financials, but I'm talking about doing nothing other than the forum as the entity.

I'll also have to check into jurisdiction shopping - some, such as CA, have protections for charities w. budgets under $25K/year.

Mainly, we just have to ensure that the liability shield would be intact, and we'd be judgment-proof - about the only source for liability would be under libel or intellectual property infringement, off the top of my head. And we don't seem to get into stuff along those lines too often.

But, if I'm going to go to the bother, I will be trying to come up w. something which would work for larger forums.

Any events would be done the same way we've always done them.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I always thought a tip jar would be good. I'll try to send something in a little while, my hands are rather full at the moment.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Fill

Post by Fill »

$25 sent
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Fill wrote:$25 sent
25 sent? Can you at least kick in a whole dollar? :P
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
martini

Post by martini »

I know I'm late to the party, but what's the best way to donate?
Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional. — Alan Gura
Glenn Bartley

Post by Glenn Bartley »

I just sent $10. If you already paid this year, please save it for next year. By the way, if someone sends it to you as a friend, there is no fee for the person receiving the funds as their usually is for a transfer of funds for a purchase.

All the best,
Glenn B
When I look in the mirror, I am happy to see, some of that nine year old boy, who used to be me.

http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/