How to be a good forum citizen

Jericho941

Re: READ THIS POST

Post by Jericho941 »

CByrneIV wrote:That's what the "view active topics" function and the "view new posts", "view your posts" and "view unanswered posts" functions are for. Use them.
I'm just glad this is one of the few forums that doesn't crap its pants and insist that I wait forever and a day when I attempt to use two of the above features within 60 seconds of each other.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

CByrneIV wrote:That's what the "view active topics" function and the "view new posts", "view your posts" and "view unanswered posts" functions are for. Use them.
Since I've started using the "view active topics" feature, I kind of wish you'd just get rid of the sub forums in general... The only time I ever look at the main forum page, or go into a sub forum anymore is when I post a new topic, and usually I have to think for a few seconds while looking for the "new topic" button before I remember that we have sub forums, and that I have to do that.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Denis

Post by Denis »

Netpackrat wrote:The only time I ever look at the main forum page, or go into a sub forum anymore is when I post a new topic, and usually I have to think for a few seconds while looking for the "new topic" button before I remember that we have sub forums, and that I have to do that.
I'm the same (I've simply bookmarked the "active topics" link, and always come in through that bookmark) but I realise the subdivisions are still necessary for somone just browsing the forum. Any chance there could be a "login" field at the top of the "active topics" result page? That would be handy.

I suppose it would be impolitic of me to mention that I recently had to tell (well, remind) one of the mods that there is an active topics link on each page. Maybe it wouldn't, if I don't say which one ;)
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

My book mark is the "View new posts" door, works for me.
Denis

Post by Denis »

CByrneIV wrote:
Denis wrote:Any chance there could be a "login" field at the top of the "active topics" result page? That would be handy.
If you're using the default theme, it's on the top right (with the active topics button on the left just below the top); and it's a pain in the ass to move it.
No worries, Chris. I'm just being lazy. I know there's a "login" button at top-right. What I was wishing for is a pair of "username" & "password" fields in the top middle, such as appears if you click "board index". That would save me one whole mouseclick per login :idea:
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I use the sub forums myself. I don't want to wade through all the other crap on here to get to the guns and the occasional humor. I like to pick and choose.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

I always hit 'View new posts'. If I'm lucky, I get logged in first. :mrgreen: