Carding the Servant

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
ShadyDexter

Carding the Servant

Post by ShadyDexter »

A Department of Water Resources Representative stops at a Texas ranch and talks with an old rancher. He tells the rancher, I need to inspect your ranch for your water allocation.
The old rancher says, Okay, but don't go in that field over there.
The Water Representative arrogantly replies, "Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me. See this card? This card means I am allowed to go WHEREVER I WISH on any agricultural land... No questions asked or answered. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?
The old rancher nods politely and goes about his chores.
Later, the old rancher hears loud screams and sees the Water Rep running for his life and close behind is the rancher's huge Brahman bull. The bull is gaining with every step.
The Rep is clearly terrified, yelling for help, so the old rancher immediately throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....
"YOUR CARD ... SHOW HIM YOUR CARD!!!"
Aglifter

Re: Carding the Servent

Post by Aglifter »

So, am I the only one bother by the "Dept. of Water Allocation Board" Which, to my knowledge, doesn't exist, at least in TX, and that the Feds. do NOT have the right to go wherever they want, esp. in TX... But, still, fairly humorous...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
ShadyDexter

Re: Carding the Servent

Post by ShadyDexter »

Aglifter wrote:So, am I the only one bother by the "Dept. of Water Allocation Board" Which, to my knowledge, doesn't exist, at least in TX, and that the Feds. do NOT have the right to go wherever they want, esp. in TX... But, still, fairly humorous...
Honestly, it's one of those "enter some random alphabet soup agency here" sort of situations.