When is it ok to beat a little old lady?

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Steamforger

Re: When is it ok to beat a little old lady?

Post by Steamforger »

Netpackrat wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of haven't they got something better to argue about?
I'd abandoned the thread some time ago. I only popped back in to check your comment. I found it, as I usually do, in line with my own thinking.

Why the flinging of change turned into the flinging of poo I can't say. Ironically, I'd expect a turd flung into a engine wouldn't be the *worst* thing imaginable. Probably better than a brick anyway....
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of haven't they got something better to argue about?
I think we're just bored or something.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

It is a situation that gets some people's dander up, though.

Weet's rules for public bathroom use:
- kick the seat up, or pick it up with a handful of TP before you do your standing business
- look before you sit
- wipe it down before you sit, just in case
- lay down some TP as a prophylactic barrier if necessary
- if that's not enough, move on

I kinda figure wiping the seat will usually take care of it. After all, my ass has been in contact with my ass all day. Just how fastidious can my ass reasonably be? :ugeek:

ETA: I hadn't been back to this thread in a while either. My, but we digress.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Rich

Post by Rich »

For the good of humanity, I accept all blame. :mrgreen:
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Steamforger wrote:Why the flinging of change turned into the flinging of poo I can't say. Ironically, I'd expect a turd flung into a engine wouldn't be the *worst* thing imaginable. Probably better than a brick anyway....
Unless you are A) standing behind it and it is running at the time, or B) you are the guy who has to inspect and/or clean the engine afterwards.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:It is a situation that gets some people's dander up, though.

Weet's rules for public bathroom use:
- kick the seat up, or pick it up with a handful of TP before you do your standing business
- look before you sit
- wipe it down before you sit, just in case
- lay down some TP as a prophylactic barrier if necessary
- if that's not enough, move on

I kinda figure wiping the seat will usually take care of it. After all, my ass has been in contact with my ass all day. Just how fastidious can my ass reasonably be? :ugeek:

ETA: I hadn't been back to this thread in a while either. My, but we digress.
It's funny. At my last job, I would occasionally wind up cleaning the bathroom myself, at least in some small ways. At least for the bathroom that was nearest my desk, that was tucked away in a relatively low traffic area, that was 'ours'. That one, I'd help out.

Now, 'public' bathrooms - that covers a lot. You forget where I grew up, and when. Imagine, say, a restroom in a NYC subway station, open to the public, in the late 70's. It's OK, I'll wait while you go puke. You pee there, you DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING.

Or then moving to Boston. Cosmopolitan town, lots of foreign students. Some nasty, nasty bathrooms. Better to piss in the alley between stores while walking home from the bar.

Though I have to say, the single most horrific public restroom I ever saw was in a highway rest stop bathroom, and only a few years ago. IIRC, it was in Indiana off I70. The toilet seat was covered in shit, like a cake covered in frosting. Good luck with your pro hackysack moves there, unless you want an excuse to throw those shoes away. I'll just piss and move on, touching NOTHING.

But some people hafta scold. I occasionally get in that mood myself, so I understand. Nothing personal. Bite me is an endearment, what I say to family or friends who are being a pest. ;)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr