Two Chinese professors...

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Cybrludite

Two Chinese professors...

Post by Cybrludite »

(Stolen from Facebook)

A pair of college professors in China, Dr Minh, PhD history specializing in the antebellum American south; and Dr. Hu, PhD entymology were fast friends, and had decided to immigrate to the United States after their retirement and buy an old plantation property to restore and farm (with paid labor, these being more modern times.)
Minh, being older, had retired first and gone to America, searching out the property and spending most of their shared funds restoring it and getting a crop planted and growing.
One day, near harvest time, it was discovered the crops were in danger by a mysterious and very fast moving bug. Minh ordered his men to trap samples of the insect for examination. The bugs, being very fast, resisted all attempts at capture until one enterprising soul lured some of them into a fireplace in a disused outbuilding and trapped them there.
The men reported success trapping some to Dr Minh, and he immediately started dialing Dr Hu. The men objected, saying that they still hadn't actually collected the samples. Minh waved them off, saying "Hu knows what weevil lurks in the hearths of Minh."
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Jered

Re: Two Chinese professors...

Post by Jered »

:lol: :lol:

That's punny.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

However, during the phone conversation, Hu demurred; "See no weevil, hear no weevil......."
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
randy

Post by randy »

Ban hammer, ban hammer, I know it's around here somewhere........ ;)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

After capturing a couple of specimens, Dr. Minh discovered that Chinese customs would only allow the import of one bug, Dr. Minh wrote to Dr. Hu, asking which one he should send for analysis. Dr. Hu told him to send the smaller one, "For in science, one must always choose the lesser of two weevils."
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

COMRADES! ALL GOOD CITIZENS SHOULD ENTREAT TOGETHER TO BOO THIS MAN!

(The only good point to studying Chinese history: getting to show that Communism is even more ridiculous than the Imperial systems preceding it)
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

"He who would pun, would pick a pocket."
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

First Shirt wrote:"He who would pun, would pick a pocket."
Neverr. As a callow youth I once read Ben Franklin sewed fish hooks in his pockets. I immediately got the point.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

That's it....and on a Friday, too.
pun gun.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.