Overheard at Walmart......

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Termite

Overheard at Walmart......

Post by Termite »

While I was in Walmart on Monday morning, over the intercom:

"Attention Walmart associates. If you have not yet watched the active shooter video, please go by the office and sign up for a viewing time."
:lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
PawPaw

Re: Overheard at Walmart......

Post by PawPaw »

That's part of our Big Government regulatory burden. Everybody has to be trained on Active Shooter under DHS guidelines.

And, yet, Wally-World has guns and ammo in the store. It would seem to be a simple task to appoint two or three employees per shift to have the keys and be able to provide a response.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

I wonder, does the training instruct employees what to do if a customer picks up a bb gun from a shelf and carries it through the store?
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Termite

Post by Termite »

PawPaw wrote:.... Wally-World has guns and ammo in the store. It would seem to be a simple task to appoint two or three employees per shift to have the keys and be able to provide a response.
That exact thought went thru my head when I heard the announcement. 8-)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Jered

Post by Jered »

PawPaw wrote:That's part of our Big Government regulatory burden. Everybody has to be trained on Active Shooter under DHS guidelines.
Have you seen the DHS active shooter training that it mandated that armed Border Patrol agents take?

:lol: :roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Jered wrote:
PawPaw wrote:That's part of our Big Government regulatory burden. Everybody has to be trained on Active Shooter under DHS guidelines.
Have you seen the DHS active shooter training that it mandated that armed Border Patrol agents take? :lol: :roll:
Yeah, buddy! I took the same course, after some very intense shoot-house training, and doing paintball scenarios in an abandoned school. (We made a helluva mess in that place). That's more of the one-size-fits-all government training that we're all subject to.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Jered

Post by Jered »

PawPaw wrote: Yeah, buddy! I took the same course, after some very intense shoot-house training, and doing paintball scenarios in an abandoned school. (We made a helluva mess in that place). That's more of the one-size-fits-all government training that we're all subject to.
Or it's an example of DHS herpaderp.

That course probably makes it difficult for DHS to fire any of its LEOs that are cowards, too.

:roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

I live just three houses down from my old high school, care taking my parents house while they are in assisted living.

I was out paring down some limbs on our mesquite trees, when I heard over the PA system, "The school is now in lockdown, repeat, the school is now on lockdown. Teachers take appropriate action".

Put the chainsaw down, press-checked my pistol, and made for the house. Called the office and told them what I heard over the PA system. There was a shocked silence, then was told this was just an exercise. Just never know what you are going to hear.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.