A tale from the gunshop (Now with MOAR straw sale attempts!)

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
JAG2955

Re: A tale from the gunshop (Now with MOAR straw sale attempts!)

Post by JAG2955 »

Yeah, it didn't make any sense to me, either.

Theoretically, could a border agent run his name?
Jered

Post by Jered »

JAG2955 wrote:Yeah, it didn't make any sense to me, either.

Theoretically, could a border agent run his name?
Theoretically, yes, but it has to be with a valid reason, not just some random person.

That theoretical person has to pretty much have some relation to the border.

You could call the ATF, but they're probably busy taking guns to Mexican cartels to bother with actually enforcing real laws.

Fuck them, because Brian Terry.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Wrenchbender1

Re: A tale from the gunshop

Post by Wrenchbender1 »

JAG2955 wrote:The guy replies "Yeah! And I hollowed out part of my stock, attached a holster, and I put my little pistol in there, so when I sling it, I can draw right from the stock."
Sounds like a friend of mine when I was growing up. Hell of a nice guy, but kind of... odd.... when it came to stuff like this. Wanted to be a Seal, never enlisted, and likes to play pretend at the range, kind of like a non parody version of this.
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes
BDK

Post by BDK »

My awkward friend, went on to be in UDT... Which, frankly, made us all a little more nervous...
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Termite wrote:Know what's scarier?..........

He can vote.......... :shock:
Yes, but if we had voter ID he might forget it and get denied.
THAT would be a good use of the voter ID law.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

At least he didn't mention transporting his tactical .22lr in s wheelbarrow with his debarked chihuahua.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

JAG2955 wrote:"Aw man, their phones are down! Sorry, can't sell to you, don't call us, we'll call you." Dude then flips out because I've got a copy of his driver's license. Sorry, this is government property now. (We lie all the time) He immediately gets on his cell phone and starts texting. We filed a suspicious person report on him, it was so odd. He obviously had some training, probably former military, but was trying super-hard to not act nervous. He kept up a steady stream of talking to himself while operating the AR and Glock. Unfortunately, the cops wouldn't do a background check on him because there was no probable cause.
I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was acting as a straw buyer for some "investigative reporter" trying to do a story on how easy it is to buy such murderous weapons, and how they don't run background checks, you can walk in and out with an "assault weapon" in less than 1/2 hour, etc., etc.

For an incident like that, the cops would be able to run the guy based on "Reasonable Suspicion" alone - they wouldn't need Probable Cause for something like that. That's how investigations get started ALL THE TIME.

What a DOOFUS!!!! :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad