Why didn'the you guys tell me that AR-15's were this cool!

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Malthorn

Why didn'the you guys tell me that AR-15's were this cool!

Post by Malthorn »

I may need to get an AR-15 after reading this article!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/f ... man+buffer
rightisright

Re: Why didn'the you guys tell me that AR-15's were this cool!

Post by rightisright »

The DN is widely considered a joke. But they have outdone themselves with this "article". A bazooka??? Can you imagine the shit stains in this asshole's panties if he fired a 30.06? Prolapsed rectum w. a .300 Win Mag??? I could go on, but you get my drift.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I got ripped off, then. I bought a used AR (my first) a couple weeks ago. Mine totally does not feel like a bazooka or sound like a cannon.

I expected:
- the percussion of the muzzle blast to crush the people in the adjacent booths to the ground. No dice.
- the 100-yard berm to disintegrate like a tank round had hit it. No joy.
- liberals in nearby towns to wet the bed. Probably happened, but not because of me.
- it to empty a 40-round (where do you find those?) clip (sic) in 5 seconds. Maybe I need to practice harder.

Or... maybe Mr. Kuntzman (sic) needs some adult Depends or whatever one puts on a mangina. :geek:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

To my thinking, this part of the article is the real outrage:
Stelmach, who opened his shop six years ago after a career in law enforcement in Europe, even calls for government officials to take away guns from some owners — something very few gun advocates support.

He also said he never sells a gun to someone who “looks a little bit funny,” and he claimed he had prevented many guns from getting into the wrong hands because the would-be purchaser “asked stupid questions” like, “What happens to me if the gun is stolen?”
This needs to be reposted far and wide, so that Mr. Stelmach can learn what it is like to be a former gun shop owner.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

The author's last name tells it all. And it bruised his moonbeam-sensitive shoulder. A 20 ga.'s recoil would probably kill him.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Probably best that we don't tell him that my Minions think ARs are just tons-o-fun, and they are saving their pennies to buy their own. This is a pair of skinny 15-YO girls, and a small-but-stout 11-YO girl. And if we can't pull off the Wyoming trip, they want to buy wildcat 6.5 uppers for their stripped lowers, because the .223 just isn't stout enough for their purposes.

They have suggested that we contribute to a pablum-and-diapers fund for this poor man, since he's obviously never progressed beyond the need for bottle-feeding and regular diaper changes. And maybe some children's Tylenol, for his poor bruised shoulder.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Only times I've gotten a bruised shoulder from my AR was when I used it to take an Appleseed course. 400+ rounds mostly fired from the prone makes it look like I did a round of skeet.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

All I can say is WOW. OK, the muzzle brakes on some AR's can make them loud, that's what hearing protection is for, but a bruised shoulder? I've not tried it, but I'm fairly sure I could handle a pistol in .223 without extreme difficulty, and it would be awkward but I'd not be all that worried about one handing an AR. My 100 lb wife doesn't get a bruised shoulder from the AR. Either this guy is an out and out liar, or the biggest pussy there is. Time to put him on a Barrett M82 and see what he does.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

He may not have actually bruised, but I'll bet that he felt some psychosomatic soreness. The guy went in terrified of the thing; it sounds like he was on the verge of a panic attack when shooting. Being that scared of the thing would explain how he found the brass "disorienting" or why the smoke made him feel sick. It'd also explain his "temporary case of PTSD." Being anxious and irritable for awhile is a fairly normal reaction to coming down off of adrenaline.

That said, he's also a tabloid writer. Melodrama and hysterics are his bread and butter.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

The sheer amount of hyperbole, hysteria, and melodrama used when antis write anything about guns makes me want there to be licensing for 1st amendment rights because of their dangerous and negligent use of the English language.

If someone tells you the rights of journalists under the 1st amendment don't get anyone killed, please explain how the hysteria ginned up over the destrucrion of the battleship Maine didn't lead to the Spanish-American war?
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia