Latest from US State Department

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
toad

Latest from US State Department

Post by toad »

Netpackrat

Re: Latest from US State Department

Post by Netpackrat »

As amusing as that was, I can't help but think that's not the link you intended to post.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote:As amusing as that was, I can't help but think that's not the link you intended to post.
+1. Although it certainly brightened my morning up far beyond what anything related to the State Dept. could have. I suggest adding the correct link, not replacing the one you have now.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Denis

Post by Denis »

toad, that is priceless!!!
toad

Post by toad »

Kabuki, this word is oft applied to political posturing.
For example: The US State Department these days has become notorious in some circles for this. One example you will see, is some journalist saying "financial experts" will say some candidate's policies will ruin the US economy. It is often hard to find the "experts" names. If you can drill down deeper you will find that the "financial experts" are those sourced by the US State Department, If you check the State Department's history you will find that they will do anything to prevent Obama's legacy from being stained.
They will dress up their act, but after everything is done it is Kabuki. Where the men are men and the women are also and you can't be too sure about the men's sexual orientation. The only thing missing from the Kabuki "Smoke on The water" is the guy in the Arab headdress with pockets full of money.
Anything pronounced from the open borders crowd in Europe is pretty much Kabuki. As the good Count de Monay has said, " Follow de money."
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Ah!
So.

I'm pretty sure that was cut #4 from The Guantanamo Waterboarders' Greatest Hits: Music To Torture Prisoners.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
toad

Post by toad »

Aesop for the win!
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

OK funny , and weird , kabuki theater is how we conduct foreign policy mostly , and then their is the more effective conversation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30QzJKCUekQ
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

When I become Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico Norton the 5th, I will rename the State Dept. the Neville Chamberlain Department of Surrender. Sub-departments will include "Negotiate with Terrorists", "Bow and Scrape", and "Bribe".

On a serious note, I want to hear Slayer's "Raining Blood" done in a similar style.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
toad

Post by toad »

Meanwhile Hillary's Theme song is going to be , "And Her Tears Flowed Like Wine." as done by Stan Kenton and Anita O'Day .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpwItt3kxOI