Raptor at the Japanese office prank

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
toad

Raptor at the Japanese office prank

Post by toad »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhuccK8eCfo

This wouldn't be at all safe in Texas. What US state do you think it could work if any?
slowpoke

Re: Raptor at the Japanese office prank

Post by slowpoke »

toad wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhuccK8eCfo

This wouldn't be at all safe in Texas. What US state do you think it could work if any?
fixed it for you
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
toad

Post by toad »

Slowpoke: Thankee.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Seen it before but still a great gag. Eventually that would get you shot deader than an anvil most places in the entire US.,though.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

The opening scene in MHI comes to mind.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

toad wrote: What US state do you think it could work if any?
NY, Jersey, Mordor on Michigan, CA. The usual anti-freedom suspects.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

This would be safe in TX, or most anywhere, provided we're not talking about jackass morons with a CCW.

Any moron stupid enough to articulate "I fired because I was in grave fear for my life from a latex articulated dinosaur that's been extinct for millions of years and it made me stain my undershorts" would be arrested, tried, and executed in weeks.
There is no place you are safe from such a person, CCW or not.
In a just world, they wouldn't even go to trial, instead being snatched from the clutches of law enforcement and beaten to death with lawn tools by passersby on the spot as a community service.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Ah, I didn't watch the video first time around, yeah that should be safe (although there should be an exception for ass-kicking after such pranks).

Some time ago I saw a video of someone (also in Japan, IIRC_ who got the crap scared out of him when someone stepped into his office and fired off a string of blanks. THAT person would walk if he fired back.

:jacked:

You know, the world would be a better place if there was such a thing as "excusable assault", as in yeah, you assaulted him, and you didn't do so because you were in fear of being hurt or killed, but he still deserved it because he was an ass. Akin to the old concept of "fighting words", where there are some insults a man ought not to be forced to take, and are justification for administering an ass kicking.
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

Aesop wrote:This would be safe in TX, or most anywhere, provided we're not talking about jackass morons with a CCW.

Any moron stupid enough to articulate "I fired because I was in grave fear for my life from a latex articulated dinosaur that's been extinct for millions of years and it made me stain my undershorts" would be arrested, tried, and executed in weeks.
There is no place you are safe from such a person, CCW or not.
In a just world, they wouldn't even go to trial, instead being snatched from the clutches of law enforcement and beaten to death with lawn tools by passersby on the spot as a community service.
^This^

Don't tell me you guys would really be fooled into lighting up a dino costume....
randy

Post by randy »

JKosprey wrote:Don't tell me you guys would really be fooled into lighting up a dino costume....
Members of this board, no. But some CCW holders I've run across...
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".