How to Keep Your 1911 Running

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Jered

Re: How to Keep Your 1911 Running

Post by Jered »

:lol:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Greg

Post by Greg »

(Can't bring myself to follow that link.)

Put it in the refrigerator?

Is your refrigerator running?
Yes.
Hadn't you better go after it?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

That would have been really funny, except for the phone call I got one day. Seems a co-worker, who was a reserve deputy sheriff in another county called me one morning, explaining that he'd work with the SO on the night before, and when he got home that morning, he'd disassembled his Glock 17, to clean it, since it had been out in the rain a good bit that night. Right after he broke it down, with all the parts scattered across the coffee table, he got a phone call from a buddy. (This was back in the days before cell phones.) Left the parts while he went to talk to his buddy.

Upon returning, some 20-or-so minutes later, he discovered that his 120 lbs Akita "puppy" had glommed onto the frame, and chewed the living sh*t out of it, to the point that the slide would no longer go onto the frame. So he was in a panic, worrying that the Sheriff would fire him, or kick his ass, or both. Finally got him calmed down, contacted Glock C/S, and had a new frame under his old slide in about two weeks.

But I've never had a dog chew a 1911 up so bad that I couldn't get it back together.

JMHO, YMMV, IRDDU
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Rod

Post by Rod »

Jericho941 wrote:New one: Gross motor skills reload with AK as demonstrated by Travis Haley.
Okay, they are funny but they're also likely to get someone killed who believe that shit.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jericho941 wrote:New one: Gross motor skills reload with AK as demonstrated by Travis Haley.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop