Alerts To Threats In 2015 Europe

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
BDK

Re: Alerts To Threats In 2015 Europe

Post by BDK »

An excellent response.

Tolerating decadent savagery is of no value, and a sign that we are following the ME and India into decay.
Termite

Post by Termite »

BDK wrote:Tolerating decadent savagery is of no value, and a sign that we are following the ME and India into decay.
Well,
Carnival(Mardi Gras), and to a lesser extent Octoberfest, can be a bit decadent, but not savagery........
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

PawPaw wrote:Inside of six months, there would have been bars and brothels everywhere
AKA, the "Subic Bay manuever" ;)
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

PawPaw wrote:
Weetabix wrote:And why is it that we aren't allowed to ask the bastards to change their culture?
That's where we screwed up. When we went over there, we should have brought beer and all the other trappings of American GI culture. Inside of six months, there would have been bars and brothels everywhere.

But no, our pissy leadership wouldn't stand up for the GIs right to get drunk and laid. If, when told "Our culture forbids it", we should have told them that our culture requires it and if they had handled their business in the first place, we wouldn't be there in the second place. We weren't invited, so line your gals up, we need to make sure they're clean.

I'm glad I retired when I did, because I don't even recognize the military anymore.
Khobar Towers would have been a hell of a lot more interesting. The trek between Dhahran and Bahrain was interesting, if only to see horrible driving and goat-smuggling.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Our current model makes about as much sense as trying to fight in Korea or Vietnam without offending the communists.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Jericho941 wrote:Our current model makes about as much sense as trying to fight in Korea or Vietnam without offending the communists.
Um, that's exactly what we did.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Greg wrote:
Jericho941 wrote:Our current model makes about as much sense as trying to fight in Korea or Vietnam without offending the communists.
Um, that's exactly what we did.
Communist Russians, as opposed to communist Koreans and Vietnamese. Hadn't quite reached the folly of thinking you can "respect the way of life" of the enemy in a country where you are actively fighting against that way of life.