gun ghow bingo

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Cybrludite

gun ghow bingo

Post by Cybrludite »

gunshow bingo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Steamforger

Re: gun ghow bingo

Post by Steamforger »

No nazi paraphernalia or Indian princess plates or beef jerky??? What gun show was that guy going to???
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

I've been a tableholder at gunshows since the late 1970's. He's just scratching the surface. :lol: I've always tried to keep from repeating unverified "anything" and I've been continually been amazed at the background level of pure boolshiite both seen and heard from BOTH sides of the aisle. BS might catch a sucker or two but it's not a long-term business success plan. Like Sam Clemens said: "Always tell the truth. This will amaze some and gratify the rest."

And yeah, the amount of non-or-barely-firearm merchandise being peddled is disturbing but the truth of the matter is the promoter has to fill those tables with SOMETHING to cover his costs of doing what he does. The whole gunshow thing has drastically changed since I started in the late 70's. The number of folks trying to make a living on a 5% margin while the Internet offers larger variety is just nuts. Just look at the variety of AR's/AR items all touted to be the "best" or "tactical". The turnover in tableholders as they give up fuels the need for more folks to roll the dice, and the "Wolf" and Indian Princess" plates etc. keep flowing in to fill the voids. Most of the non-Russian milsurp rifles available are in the hands of the public now, not wholesalers, and it's difficult to find a quality used revolver anywhere amid the seas of plastiguns.

This is from my experience only in Ohio, YMMV in different areas. Here in NE Ohio the economy's been in the tank for years and I've been blessed with steady and plentiful work as a full-time gunsmith so I've not had to try to live on gunshow sales like other guys.

I could blather on about the subject for hours but "Opinions are like ___holes".
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I think that can be applied to any gun shop, not just a gun show.

Just yesterday, as I was scoping out gun shops in my new AO, a guy showed me a skeletonized AR-15 (upper and lower receiver), and said "It was tested by the Navy SEALs". I just laughed.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

The fucking neckbeard revolutionaries. God damn.